• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who makes the BEST fender flares and WHY? Got pics?

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Was wondering if you guys could chime in and give me your opinions on fender flares. Which one is the best and why? I don't have a rock crawler but will be using it as a daily driver, moderate trail riding and beach running.

Basically, I'll be needing to cut new fenders and the rear is already cut for James Duff fiberglass flares. I've taken all of the James Duff flares off and want to purchase new ones.

Let me know what you think.

BTW, I currently have a 3.5 inch left and have 31 x 10.50s on there but want to upgrade to 33s. :eek:

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I say gorilla war flares...but i think james duff is comeing out with a similar product soon, you might want to do a search for them

heres mine 4.5" susp 3" body, 35's

Attachments

• broncogroup.JPG
    broncogroup.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 174

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I was impressed with the new Duff flexible flares when I had a chance to look at one this last weekend but they are not available yet as far as I know. I would try to see some different flares on the rig though. (Not sure there are many EB's around you though to check out)

Off topic, what area of Wilmington are you in? 1 1/2 years ago we moved back from there. We lived north of town right next to where I40 dumps into College for about 5 years. (Off Murrayville Rd.)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Wow :eek:

That is one good looken Bronco ghost66 :cool:

And when you consider the other ones in this thread, well, mighty good looken crew ;)

icebreaker88

Loc.
Warren,MI
I have not tried any other flares but the WH Gorila flares, and I am VERY happy with them. They can take some abuse. I bought there so called flawed ones(i think they call them the paintable ones) and they still looked good with out painting them, they where a little cheaper. You would have to call to see if they have any of the paintable ones in stock they usualy dont have alot on hand. I dragged mine over some tree roots last weekend and had a little damage to the fender but the flares had no damage at all.
After having these i would not buy any other brand of flares.

Here they are on my rig.

100_0508.JPG

OP
OP
Jeff B

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
SADDLEUP,

I'm in the center of town. Right off Kerr and Market Street basically. Lived here most of my life. Not too many EBs running around here. Seen a few but no real fellowship here... at least not yet.

Looks like the Gorrilla Warflares are the flares of choice. Anyone else have an opinion? Let's here it. I think I'll go to Wild Horses website and check these flares out!

GoFastCrackPipe

Loc.
Salem area
I'm going to be getting a set of the new ones that Duff's is coming out with. Like SaddleUp, I got to see one close up and I was very impressed.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Astark halfcab

I really like your halfcab Astark, 69 or 70 halfcabs are my favorite Broncos
There are some great looking Broncos on this site
astark said:
Wow :eek:

That is one good looken Bronco ghost66 :cool:

And when you consider the other ones in this thread, well, mighty good looken crew ;)

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The original question is kinda open and loaded. It depends on your requirements on what flair is the best and why.

Fiberglass is one of the oldest, and more traditional material. Easily paintable without having to deal with things like flex additives for the paint.

Eurathane came out 15 years ago, and offers some diferent flexibility options.

Recently the war flares came out to help cover huge tires and take abuse.

Duffs new flares are the same size as the traditional flares, but are made of the super flexy material.

Now I didn't even consider cost, but that is another factor that many people are worried about.

So, what do you want out of your flares?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Jeff B said:
SADDLEUP,

I'm in the center of town. Right off Kerr and Market Street basically. Lived here most of my life. Not too many EBs running around here. Seen a few but no real fellowship here... at least not yet.

Looks like the Gorrilla Warflares are the flares of choice. Anyone else have an opinion? Let's here it. I think I'll go to Wild Horses website and check these flares out!
I didn't recall seeing very many. Not many places in the area to go wheeling so there weren't many old 4 wheel drives at all. Other than that it is a really nice area.

The Gorilla Warflares can be used either as a standard flare replacement or are flexible and can be stretched out for coverage over larger tires. I chose them specifically for this reason. Having seen the new Duff flare I would have gone with it instead though if it would have been available at the time. As was mentioned above it really depends on what you want out of the flare though. If your running 33" tires and your flares will never rub the sides of dirt banks then a wider fiberglass flare might be better for you.

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Fiberglass flares are old school. I like to call mine self clearancing. But they will have to do till I pickup a set of WarFlares.

Attachments

• REARCLEARANCE.JPG
    REARCLEARANCE.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 57

KJHill

Contributor
Loc.
Central WA
I've had the Duraflex 2000 flares & they cracked like crazy at the rivets. My current EB has the War Flares. They are not as good looking & rigid as the Duraflex but they will last a lot longer. See my gallery for pics

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I've got the JD urethane flares but havent installed yet waiting for my old fiberglass one to finish falling off. The fiberglass ones held up a long time and took a lot of punishment to many years in the sun and tight trails pretty much took care of them hopefully the urethane flares hold up as well.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I don't think a lot of analysis is involved here (as in "what's your intended application and useage requirements..." ).
Take a look around and decide what you think looks good and fits your budget. Wild Horses and Duff flares seem most popular.

PS

Loc.
Sebastopol, CA
Bushwackers, 31x10.5 (soon to be 33x11.50), 2" sus./1" body. These flares are very high quality and I prefered the profile over any others, the front and rear match better. Painted them with a flex agent was no big deal, they're made from the same material as most modern car bumpers and they're all painted. Gorillas are just a little too big for my taste, but it's a personal preference thing, just another way to personalize your own Bronco.

Attachments

• 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 39.JPG
    39.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 66

andomad

Fiberglass Products

I found the team at Terra Comp to be
the best as far as fiberglass.
They are in Northern CA (916) 645 8111 :)

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've seen Jim's (WH) new black flares and they are very nice. Because my bronco theme utilizes alot of black I will be getting his setup. BI