• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who sells the best hardcore bumpers around?

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Hi guys
I am in the market for bumpers. I am looking for a set of super heavy duty bumpers for my 1977 Bronco. If I accidentally hit something all I want to see is a scratch not a bent bumper. They would have to be 1/4 inch thick. Where should I look and who should I avoid? Don't be afraid to post some photos.
Any info on Loganmetals4x4 or on Wild Horse's Rock Blocker Terminator Front Bumper? Are those good reliable sellers or should I run in the other directions? Are those bumpers any good? Thanks :D

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
www.bailiebilt.com/

classic_2.gif

I like Gordon's front bumpers...

13honorvngtt8.jpg

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
Hansen Bumpers RULE! Someone is selling front and back in the classfieds right now.

Attachments

• Hanson.jpg
    Hanson.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 112

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Protofab and bailiebilt would get my vote. Although I dont recall seeing the Logan's bumper before...it also looks good and appears to be beef.

The Protofab bumper is uber-strong, FWIW. Both front and rears are very strong and the welds and fabrication are very, very impressive.

No matter which bumper you choose, make sure that you beef up the outer frame horns (front) and inner frame horns (rear) WELL, before you mount any of these beefy bumpers. Plating the frame (front) with 3/16" or larger plate will insure happy winching and durablilty should you have to ram a ricer or that out-o-control Toyota. With the rear, most of the bumpers slide over the frame horns (Protofab does), so you will want to plate the inside (not the outside) as far back as you can get. HTH

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

BurntOrange74

i will vouch for hanson bumpers. they are strong! check the classifieds. i think crab has front and back for sale. then i remember someone from texas had one with tire carrier. best looking bumper IMO. don't think anyone will argue hanson strength.

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I had a protofab and changed to a Bailiebilt. Boh are excellent, but I chose the Bailie. It actually slides into the frame on one side and I just feel is a better ooking bumper that is at least equally as strong. You can't go wrong with either, but I would choose teh Bailie bilt by a nose.

crab

Bronco Guru
i will vouch for hanson bumpers. they are strong! check the classifieds. i think crab has front and back for sale. then i remember someone from texas had one with tire carrier. best looking bumper IMO. don't think anyone will argue hanson strength.

I "had" a front for sale, but it's gone. It was the newer version which is 3/16" plate and bolt on mounts. I have the old version which is 1/4" with welded on mounts and built like a tank.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Does Hanson even make Bronco bumpers any longer? I checked their web site and couldn't find them. Only j33p stuff.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Does Hanson even make Bronco bumpers any longer? I checked their web site and couldn't find them. Only j33p stuff.

The Old Man still does, but he is in no hurry... I think he is still working on a lot of 10 rear bumpers that people ordered and he started building last year... There is talk about the Bronco bumpers coming back into production, but that talk started last year.
(my humble opinion here) Let's just say that about all Wayne got out of that former company, that built his bumpers, was his name on the bumper... ;)

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Bailiebilt. The welds are insane beefy and beautiful at the same time. I doubt I'd ever bend my bumper unless I hit a parked locomotive.

78Scronco

Bronco Guru

Wayne only builds them himself, no company. My front was ordered and built last year by him.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i can attest to hanson standing up well. when that volvo hit mine, SHE LOST!!!!

Attachments

• SSPX0053.jpg
    SSPX0053.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 36
  • SSPX0054.jpg
    SSPX0054.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 47