• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Who supplies the best Ignition Cylinder

OsideDave

Putting a new Painless Harness with new switches. The key has not been able to go to ACC mode for awhile so I drilled out the cylinder (maybe that was a bad idea, should have taken it to lock smith) so I am now looking for a quality replacement and having Ford lettering on the keys would be cool too.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Best bet would to be to find an original/used in good condition iff you can.
I'm pretty sure most if not all of the reproductions are of much lesser quality than the originals. Many have had issues with them but I'm sure many have not.

Brent13

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I replaced mine with one from Toms, seems to work just fine. It has been close to two years, and no issue. If it does crap out, I am selling the truck, no way am I fighting with that ignition switch again! It is an SOB to change out, in my opinion.....

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

I agree, mine was a pain and that's why I drilled it out. Didn't realize I should have kept messing with it or taken the dash (its out now) to a lock smith...lol