• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Whos running NV4500/AtlasII, low pinion front axle and 3.5" suspension lift?

bob_lafrentz

Loc.
Cody, WY
Hi guys,

Well, I just installed a 3.5" suspension lift and am having front driveline issues. I have another thread on this, but everyone seems to have a different opinion and the options out there are too expensive to "experiment" with. So, I am hoping someone out there is running the same setup as I am.

I have a 77 Dana 44 (low pinion), NV4500, and Atlas II transfercase with a 3.5" suspension lift. My problem is my driveshaft binds when the Bronco is sitting on level ground. Anybody running this setup and what did you do for the front drive shaft?

Thanks a million.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
anyone have info on the fix to this problem, I'm thinking of going this route and this will be my exact condition.

Anyone care to chime in on d20 and 350hp/325flb tq? Should I step up and go atlas?

fordtrucksrule

Well i am running a similar setup i found the toyota front driveshafts worked for me offered 42 degrees of angle. it worked with my setup it is a 351w with a zf and a stak 3 speed my front driveshaft was the exact as my rear.
I got the driveshaft from jesse at high angle driveline.

carmi

Loc.
Oroville
Running an Atlas 4 but should be the same for the front driveline. I had to leave mine clocked down to minimize the front driveline angle. Just built a stout skidplate. Hangs slighlty lower (1") than the NV4500 crossmember.