• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WH's Rear Seat (Smittybuilt) Install

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Got the seat. Was hoping for some friendly tips/advice/tricks. Looks like some holes will need to be drilled.

Anyone have experiece in installing this fold & tumble seat?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does your EB have any holes for the factory seat, or is the floor a blank canvas?
I'll check for any hints and tips when I get in the shop in the morning.

Meanwhile... Back to the top in case someone else can answer first.

Paul

OP
OP
joshnjulie1

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
She has all the holes in all the right places. Haven't actually placed the seat in the back yet, but from the brackets, it looks like I will need to drill some extra holes, especially for the rear center latch. My biggest fear is if I have ot remove the rear tank 'again' but I cannot say for sure as I have not even put it back there.

Anything would help, thanks.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, looks like I broke my own prime rule. Which is to ALWAYS send myself a reminder e-mail so that I don't forget what I said I was going to do the night before!
Had the usual BM (no, that means busy Monday!) today, and totally forgot to poll the crew to see if there were any do's-and-dont's and such.

So now that I'm back on the computer, I'll remind myself to try again in the morning.
Sorry 'bout the delay.

Paul

Derekryan84

Loc.
Henderson, Tx
I drilled new holes for mine. I didn't remove the tank for the rear latch. If you turn the front brackets the correct way then you can slide the seat off without unbolting. Draw back is the brackets won't be centered up in the groves of the floor unless you turn the brackets opposite of each other. Then you'll have to unbolt the brackets to remove the seat but its in the groves. They might even bolt up to the existing holes but mine were screwed up so I can't tell you just have to try it.

OP
OP
joshnjulie1

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Got 'er Done.
Not as easy as it seemed. There were some choices that had to be made before installing and a specialty plate made up if you don't want to drop the tank for the rear latch. I will start the write up and post later.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Appreciate the effort.

Thanks. Oh wait... What effort?
Feeling constipated again...

Any word on when those Tuffy center consoles are coming in? I heard there is a big backorder.

Which ones exactly? We've got some of the 8" black consoles in stock, but I didn't check to see if they were the stereo or non-stereo types. Just that we had "some" available.

Let me know which one you're looking for and I'll double check.

Paul

OP
OP
joshnjulie1

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Got an email from OnTrac already that it was shipped and should be here by the end of the day.... yipppppiiieeee.

I sure hope it is the stereo one!!!!!

I will let you know. Thanks Paul