• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Why a Bronco?

sevenTseven

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK
Around here, they seem to be relatively rare.

I have been really looking and in the past oh say 5 years or so I bet I havent seen 3 on the streets.

Nice to have something with a real "cool factor" that you dont see everyday, or the guy down the street has one just like yours, only with different rims.

H8tulooze

Loc.
Corona, CA
It's the only Ford I would own,
Looks good
Good for small tight wheelin'
But they don't seem to rare around my parts. I know where 6-7 are just sitting in fields.
My 70' SWB 4x4 is rare, only made 1400 that year.;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Let me play devil's advocate - Ten reasons NOT to get a Bronco:

10. It's a chick magnet (and you have a wife)
9. You'll need to double your time allotted to run errands if you're in your Bronco because people will stop you on the street to just talk about the Bronco they used to have
8. It's very annoying when most people see it and say "Nice Jeep"
7. You'll buy every 4x4 magazine you see with a Bronco on the cover
6. You'll start looking for Bronco's everywhere
5. You will find yourself intentionally turning all conversations to Early Broncos - with your neighbors, your doctor, your kid's teachers, and strangers you just met
4. You'll begin a long term phone relationship with the sales person at (WH, Duff's, BCB, Tom's, Jeff's, AutoKrafters . . . pick one)
3. You will begin to daydream more about Broncos than about sex
2. You can't have "just one" - soon there will be another and another . . .
1. You'll spend way too much time on ClassicBroncos.com

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force

9. You'll need to double your time allotted to run errands if you're in your Bronco because people will stop you on the street to just talk about the Bronco they used to have
5. You will find yourself intentionally turning all conversations to Early Broncos - with your neighbors, your doctor, your kid's teachers, and strangers you just met
4. You'll begin a long term phone relationship with the sales person at (WH, Duff's, BCB, Tom's, Jeff's, AutoKrafters . . . pick one)

You nailed that one.

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
The 302 was a selling point for me. Yeah, I know you can get a factory 304 in a CJ, but the 302 is more common in the Bronco. Also, I like the size of the ride. CJs are extremely small to me.

To me, the EB Bronco is just a CJ on steroids.

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
I too have thought about a tj with a/c, but I've had my '75 10 years. My dad bought it for me when I was 16, my brother had a '69 when I was growing up and i remember it breaking down(first car I ever wrenched on), and a bit rusty, but it always got looks and attention. I remember anytime we passed another EB owner they'd wave. That's one of the reasons I still have mine, is because of the 'bronco wave', I'll get a wave from another lifted truck owner every once in a great while, but it doesn't matter how old or young the owner of the EB, but they always wave! I think that's soooo cool. You pass a jeep everyday, you don't pass an EB that often...

Plus, my dad died 3.5yrs ago, so the sentimental value will always be there.....

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
I too have thought about a tj with a/c, but I've had my '75 10 years. My dad bought it for me when I was 16, my brother had a '69 when I was growing up and i remember it breaking down(first car I ever wrenched on), and a bit rusty, but it always got looks and attention. I remember anytime we passed another EB owner they'd wave. That's one of the reasons I still have mine, is because of the 'bronco wave', I'll get a wave from another lifted truck owner every once in a great while, but it doesn't matter how old or young the owner of the EB, but they always wave! I think that's soooo cool. You pass a jeep everyday, you don't pass an EB that often...

Plus, my dad died 3.5yrs ago, so the sentimental value will always be there.....

You can always add AC to an EB for about 3 payments of a new j@@p.

4lofun

dont do it the jeep thing is not where it at 1 more in amillion. much more satisfing maintaning a classic truck over a heep

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms

I can agree with all but #3