• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses Catolog

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Great looking catalog, just got mine. congrats to all who are in there, and Jim@WH sure does a good job with it every year IMO

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Am I the only one who has issues with them charging for a catalog? I'm not giving money to someone just so I can browse their items for sale. I've got catalogs for almost everyone else free( I just got Tom's new one today which kicks ass and I will buy things from him just because I can read it on the throne and plan my order). I know a lot of you guys like WildHorses but charging 5.00 for a catalog is plain dumb. I have yet to order from them just because of things like this and other things like their eBay items cost more than the items in their store - as well as have a "No returns" period clause.(Way to stand behind your product)
I'm willing to give anyone a try but man I can not bring myself to buy from someone who operates like this. Anyway sorry for the slightly off topic rant but I was looking forward to reading their catalog and got miffed when I had to pay for it or give all my information to them just to download a pdf. I'm sure I'll be suckered into buying something only they have unless I can find it elsewhere - which I will look for.

Spoken as someone who has never seen a WH catalog with all the tech info and helpful options provided. If you even give their website half a chance you might learn something.

Jim W.

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
Spoken as someone who has never seen a WH catalog with all the tech info and helpful options provided. If you even give their website half a chance you might learn something.

Jim W.

Jim, point taken. I do learn a good bit from the catalogs I do have (TBP, etc) and believe me, I've poured over WH's site many times when looking for parts. A counter though - Does that mean I should pay for their web hosting? :)
I don't mean to argue and figured I would need my flame suit on for this one. I am honestly hoping to hear someone quip up with a reason to get me to order from WH. Beyond the fact they have parts I want that I'm not going to find anywhere else new fortunately and unfortunately. I just really don't like their business model on some things. A catalog to me is an advertising tool. If it is informative, it is a pay it forward investment toward future sales.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Am I the only one who has issues with them charging for a catalog? I'm not giving money to someone just so I can browse their items for sale. I've got catalogs for almost everyone else free( I just got Tom's new one today which kicks ass and I will buy things from him just because I can read it on the throne and plan my order). I know a lot of you guys like WildHorses but charging 5.00 for a catalog is plain dumb. I have yet to order from them just because of things like this and other things like their eBay items cost more than the items in their store - as well as have a "No returns" period clause.(Way to stand behind your product)
I'm willing to give anyone a try but man I can not bring myself to buy from someone who operates like this. Anyway sorry for the slightly off topic rant but I was looking forward to reading their catalog and got miffed when I had to pay for it or give all my information to them just to download a pdf. I'm sure I'll be suckered into buying something only they have unless I can find it elsewhere - which I will look for.

Easy there Turbo. If you ever buy an item on Ebay from WH and it is higher than their catalogue they will adjust the price. Just pick up the phone and call them. They are good people like the other vendors on this site. As for standing behind their product I have not seen one bashing from anybody about a crappy part, or an unhappy customer from WH. You can't please everybody, but they seem to be doing a pretty good job.
That is my opinion.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Order something in the 20-50 range and request a catalog with the order and problem solved. A buck and a half of the price is postage and I am sure it costs them at least 3.50 to print them up. If you PM me your address i will send you my old one for free and then you can decide for yourself and have most of the info.

Jim W.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

It wouldn't surprise me if it cost them $10,000+ every time they re-vamped their catalogue and sent it out in mass. If they sent it to everyone who ever placed an order with them, no matter how small, it would cost them more than it needs to. Sure that is the cost of doing business, but it makes sense to send it to people who have recently ordered things or are regular repeat customers.

I always get the Tom's catalogue with Bronco Driver, and while I like looking through it, I have ordered one thing ever from Tom's because I had a gift certificate. Since Wildhorses is less than ten miles from my house, I have no reason to shop at Tom's. If they sent me a catalogue every year, they would be wasting money since they really won't get any repeat business from me - simply because I have a great vendor in my back yard. Think about how many hundreds of one time customers a company must have - and think about the printing and postage costs for all of those catalogues that are never going to turn into additional business.

Charging the $5.00 is a way of ensuring there is an intent to purchase something. Most classic car parts houses will charge for a catalogue unless you place an order or are a recent customer - it just makes financial sense.

As for you "no returns" comment, what the heck are you talking about? WH has always been courteous on returns.

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
Easy there Turbo. If you ever buy an item on Ebay from WH and it is higher than their catalogue they will adjust the price. Just pick up the phone and call them. They are good people like the other vendors on this site. As for standing behind their product I have not seen one bashing from anybody about a crappy part, or an unhappy customer from WH. You can't please everybody, but they seem to be doing a pretty good job.
That is my opinion.

I apologize I did not mean it in anyway against their character. Only an opinion on a few business choices. I've bought from multiple folks here and everyone has been stand up and good people so if they were out of the norm I'd be very surprised. I was just miffed as mentioned that this thread got me excited to check out their catalog and then found out I would have to pay for it or would have to give all my info to them to get a digital copy. That and earlier this week I was going to buy a few things off ebay to save me the transfer time from paypal to my checking account and almost pulled the trigger on a few items they had until I noticed the "This Item is sold as is, no refunds or returns." on their auction(Tuffy glove box). Again just my opinions on a few of their business choices.

Jim - thanks for the offer but I'm sure I'll order something from them eventually and hopefully I'll get a freebie thrown in. Genuinely, Thank you though.

Last edited:

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
It wouldn't surprise me if it cost them $10,000+ every time they re-vamped their catalogue and sent it out in mass. If they sent it to everyone who ever placed an order with them, no matter how small, it would cost them more than it needs to. Sure that is the cost of doing business, but it makes sense to send it to people who have recently ordered things or are regular repeat customers.

I always get the Tom's catalogue with Bronco Driver, and while I like looking through it, I have ordered one thing ever from Tom's because I had a gift certificate. Since Wildhorses is less than ten miles from my house, I have no reason to shop at Tom's. If they sent me a catalogue every year, they would be wasting money since they really won't get any repeat business from me - simply because I have a great vendor in my back yard. Think about how many hundreds of one time customers a company must have - and think about the printing and postage costs for all of those catalogues that are never going to turn into additional business.

Charging the $5.00 is a way of ensuring there is an intent to purchase something. Most classic car parts houses will charge for a catalogue unless you place an order or are a recent customer - it just makes financial sense.

As for you "no returns" comment, what the heck are you talking about? WH has always been courteous on returns.

Sorry I don't mean to get this thread off topic. I'll let it go for the betterment of the thread which should be a positive thing. Anyway, I hope it is a great catalog and has many of the broncos from here on it.

Cootie

From the TBP website:

Tom's Bronco Parts Catalog - 66-77 Early Ford Bronco

Fits the following Vehicles:
'66-'77 Ford Bronco

SKU: cat
Condition: New

Price: $5.00

The catalog is FREE with any product order. We will credit your total order $5.00 on the final charge to your account. The cost is listed as $5.00, so if you order JUST the catalog, you will be billed $5.00.

That's probably just a polite way to weed-out catalog collectors. Myself, I would just call them and ask for one. ;)

ransil

Bronco Guru
Got mine.. ;D

For the guys that are not on the catalog mailing list, if you show up at most Bronco Events held around the country you should be able to pick up a catalog from the vendors there.
The East Coast Bronco Roundup held by Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos always has catalogs and puts them in the goddie bags or have them on the registration/merchandise table or sometimes the vendors show up and they always have some with them.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I havent recieved mine yet but I just downloaded it and it looks good, especially since I am on page 9;D./

hdfx81

I'm on page 18 2nd pic, I don't get their catalog so I would have never known if Tasker hadn't told me.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Looks like I am in two pictures. I submitted one and the other was a Moab shot someone else submitted, and then a group shot of some bumpers on top of Black Bear pass which I submitted but I wasn't in.

Thanks Jim.

you're just all over the place Mr. Rockstar ;D

(page 23 with the turd myself...)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
got mine yesterday, I can see my bronco in the pic from the roundup. Really a nice catalog.

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
the cover shot is a guy from up here in the Pacific Northwest!

Actually, I thought that this was the original picture....;D
2143091680051365456S600x600Q85.jpg

I got mine today & was flipping through it and was amazed at how many of the EBs in there I recognize from here. I got back to work & had another copy of it waiting for me here too.