• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild horses synchronized electric wiper kit

PaulN

Has anyone used the synchronized electric wiper kit from Wild horses? Is it worth the money compared to the stock one. Also is it a lot smaller than the stock one. What does synchronizing it do? Thanks

Paul

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
What does synchronizing it do?

It is designed to synchronize the wiper direction, making them wipe the same direction at the same time instead of independently.

I just purchased the WH electric kit without the synch. I don't really care as long as they get the rain, mud or whatever off the windshield so I can see. It will be a huge improvement to the vacuum setup I had.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I'm with Bukin, it's entirely cosmetic or OCD to need your wipers to be synchronized. With the shape of our windshields, it's not like the wipers overlap requiring syntonization to prevent collision. So it's like $200 bucks to make them swing in harmony instead of individually.

1970mule

Bronco Guru
i would say spend your bread on one of those intermittent deals.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Look around on here, there is a thread about doing this yourself. Probably a bit cheaper that way and you can get a switch that uses a knob like the factory dash.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Paul this is the thread that is being referred to i found a switch that works and does have the appearance of a stock switch. I have done this on 10 different Broncos and,have not had a problem with any of the installs. I have been working on a fully detailed write up on the install with pictures and have thought about offering a wiring harness if there was a demand for it but have not had the time to finish this due to my parents rapidly declining health.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203501

krashnpa

Loc.
Mounted Joy, PA
Has anyone used the synchronized electric wiper kit from Wild horses? Is it worth the money compared to the stock one. Also is it a lot smaller than the stock one. What does synchronizing it do? Thanks

Paul

I redid my dash and used this kit. My WS frame was wiperless when I bought my ride, so I wanted something to get rid of the linkage and the upper cover but still look like it belonged there. Wiring was a piece of cake and the switch is pretty high speed. Wipers fit like they should on the frame and are quiet when operating. Whether or not it's worth it depends on your budget and if you don't mind a rectangle switch. I like the synchronized operation, but I don't see it as a necessity.

frdboy

Contributor
I redid my dash and used this kit. My WS frame was wiperless when I bought my ride, so I wanted something to get rid of the linkage and the upper cover but still look like it belonged there. Wiring was a piece of cake and the switch is pretty high speed. Wipers fit like they should on the frame and are quiet when operating. Whether or not it's worth it depends on your budget and if you don't mind a rectangle switch. I like the synchronized operation, but I don't see it as a necessity.

Can you tell me how "tall" the motors are? I need to know how much room I need between my roll-bar and the WS frame.

Thanks

krashnpa

Loc.
Mounted Joy, PA
Can you tell me how "tall" the motors are? I need to know how much room I need between my roll-bar and the WS frame.

Thanks

I'd say it's about 1/2 inch above the frame. Pic makes it look like it's a little higher, but with gasket and the mounting surface of the half cab, it's almost even. Put a pic of the switch in there too.

Attachments

• 20150228_083637.jpg
    20150228_083637.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 20150228_084339.jpg
    20150228_084339.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 172

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA

Thanks

They definitely stick up above the windshield frame. I built the front A-pillar hoop of my cage just high enough to clear them so that you can fold the windshield forward without needing to pull the wiper motors.

IMG_6618.jpg

frdboy

Contributor
Cool, looks nice!

How far is it from the inside face of the WS frame to the back of the motor? My bar is the same height of the WS so I need to know if it will fit between the bar and frame.