• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Will Cage Radius Arms Fit with Duff Long Headers?

OP
OP
C

Craig T

Loc.
Westlake Village
How do I know If I have the "old" Duff headers? I'm doing a frame-up resto now, and the headers are still in the box. I think I bought them back in late September. Do you think they are the new style?
Thanks,
Craig T

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Craig T said:
How do I know If I have the "old" Duff headers? I'm doing a frame-up resto now, and the headers are still in the box. I think I bought them back in late September. Do you think they are the new style?
Thanks,
Craig T

Call Duff and ask them. Its your best bet.

OP
OP
C

Craig T

Loc.
Westlake Village
There are two problems with your suggestion "call Duff and ask them".

#1. It's Sunday and they're closed, and I'm impatient.
#2. Duff's answer to almost any question about their products is...Yes!

My experience so far is members of this board give reliable and objective answers.

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Craig T said:
There are two problems with your suggestion "call Duff and ask them".

#1. It's Sunday and they're closed, and I'm impatient.
#2. Duff's answer to almost any question about their products is...Yes!

My experience so far is members of this board give reliable and objective answers.

Couldn't agree more;D , but without knowing what the old vs. new part number is, there isn't anyway to tell real quick. I would expect the worst though. They didn't fit on mine, so I installed the WH shorty headers and sold off my old Duff stuff. I have slowly removed almost everything Duff from my rig for better parts. Only thing left is the power brake booster.

OP
OP
C

Craig T

Loc.
Westlake Village
I called both Cage and Duff this morning. Duff changed the headers to fit with the Duff radius arms about a year ago. The tech at Cage said their design is simular to Duff's, and that I should be OK if I bought the headers in the last few months. Ryan at Duff's said pretty much the same thing, with just a touch more optimism.

With that said, I'm guessing there is a 50/50 chance they'll fit.

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Craig T said:
I called both Cage and Duff this morning. Duff changed the headers to fit with the Duff radius arms about a year ago. The tech at Cage said their design is simular to Duff's, and that I should be OK if I bought the headers in the last few months. Ryan at Duff's said pretty much the same thing, with just a touch more optimism.

With that said, I'm guessing there is a 50/50 chance they'll fit.

50/50 based on Customer service at Duff's? That is optimistic
%).

The thing you have to worry about is contacting one tube on the driver's side header. If I were you, I would install the arms first and then install the driver's side and check for clearance.

OP
OP
C

Craig T

Loc.
Westlake Village
Hey, thanks Scotty. I'll take your advice and install the radius arms first.

I'm doing a complete frame-off rock crawler build up. I live in Orange CA, not too far from you. If you're ever in O/C, you should come by and take a look at my project.

I had the frame sandblasted and painted. I just welded in the tubular crossmembers for the in-board shocks and anti-wrap link. I'll probably drop the motor in next week, as soon as I get the radius arms installed. I have plenty of time to get the suspension right, the body won't be back from the paint shop for a few weeks.

This will NOT, I repeat NOT, be a street queen. All the cosmetic work is only to remove or prevent rust.

I appreciate your advice,

Craig T

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Craig T said:
Hey, thanks Scotty. I'll take your advice and install the radius arms first.

I'm doing a complete frame-off rock crawler build up. I live in Orange CA, not too far from you. If you're ever in O/C, you should come by and take a look at my project.

I had the frame sandblasted and painted. I just welded in the tubular crossmembers for the in-board shocks and anti-wrap link. I'll probably drop the motor in next week, as soon as I get the radius arms installed. I have plenty of time to get the suspension right, the body won't be back from the paint shop for a few weeks.

This will NOT, I repeat NOT, be a street queen. All the cosmetic work is only to remove or prevent rust.

I appreciate your advice,

Craig T

Very cool. Sounds good to me Craig. Mine started life when I got it as a nice wheelable sreet rig. Well, I guess you could say that changed a bit.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
Interesting thread----- Often have had the experiance of most all of Duff's parts fitting very well. ---hmmmm

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Buckin74 said:
Interesting thread----- Often have had the experiance of most all of Duff's parts fitting very well. ---hmmmm

My experience with Duff is that they lie about their products. Just my opinion though.