• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Will my trick flow intake fit ?

fabster54

Loc.
Powder Springs,GA
I have a 302 out of 91 mustang with trick flow street upper /lower intakes with no spacer.. .will this fit under a stock hood on my 74 with no body lift ?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Maybe. If it does it will be tight. Stock 5.0 intakes are known for rubbing the hood depending on the condition of the body and motor mounts. I suspect the trickflow is no shorter and possibly a little taller then a stock 5.0 intake. I will be surprised if it clears but not going to rule it out.

OP
OP
fabster54

fabster54

Loc.
Powder Springs,GA
thanks for responding bowsher.. i think the trick flow are taller than stock .. i was hoping it might squeeze in there.. i didnt realize the stock ones were so tight.. does anybody run this set-up? will any aftermarket intakes fit without a body lift?

OP
OP
fabster54

fabster54

Loc.
Powder Springs,GA
your efi install looks sweet, judging by your video i will need a body lift, or differant manifolds, trying to look where it is in relation to the top of the firewall and it looks pretty close to being level.. thanks for the input !

misterkeebler

it will fit with 2" body, also will need an intake spacer w/ tall valve covers, i think i had issues with the master cylinder clearance too- buy a cobra, been there and it was too many headaches