• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Winches

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
77TexasBronc said:
Those are good prices. 4Wheelparts has a low price Guarantee at the top of their web page. Give them a call and see what price they give you.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/index.asp
Good luck with that. I did get them to price match on a Warn 8274 I was looking at so maybe? When I got my ARB Air Locker they flat out refused to come down on the price irregardless of what anyone else sold them for though.

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
that 4wparts low price thing is a load of crap as well as their web prices. i've called on several items that they had advertised on the web site and was told "you can't go by what we have listed on the web" ... then why is it on there????!!!!!! they also flat out refused to match prices. noooo, i'm not bitter :mad:

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
I would not do business with 4Wheelparts unless the $$$ savings was tremendous. Ethics goes along way in my book, and they have none.

BTW: irregardless is not a word ;D

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Damn, I didnt mean to start a $hit storm here. I have saved a few bones going this route on non EB related items like winches, lights and stuff and was just offering a suggestion for a Bronco Brethern to give it a try and see if he could save so dough. ?:?

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
77TexasBronc said:
Damn, I didnt mean to start a $hit storm here. I have saved a few bones going this route on non EB related items like winches, lights and stuff and was just offering a suggestion for a Bronco Brethern to give it a try and see if he could save so dough. ?:?

I wasn't trying to $hitty to anybody. I guess I shoulda been suggesting a better retailer instead of just dissing that one.
And I always sound cranky before my first cup.

BTW: I've got a lot of kin in Baytown, but for the life of me a can't remember their names. Ummm there was a cousin Jay.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Skuzzlebutt said:
I would not do business with 4Wheelparts unless the $$$ savings was tremendous. Ethics goes along way in my book, and they have none.

BTW: irregardless is not a word ;D
If it isn't a word then what is it?

After a bit of research I found that it is a substandard word because it means the same thing as regardless when it shouldn't. Nevertheless it is still a word.

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Skuzzlebutt said:
I always sound cranky before my first cup.

BTW: I've got a lot of kin in Baytown, but for the life of me a can't remember their names. Ummm there was a cousin Jay.

I can relate!

Baytown was a great place to live....30 years ago.... ?:?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
77TexasBronc said:
It's always worth a try and normally they have been good to me. When I have had to return things they have never questioned it and almost always work with me on prices. I was just surprised the last time I tried to get them to price match.

Mark in Memphis

I bought my M8000 from 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers a couple of years ago when they were running a special. 4WPW's special was that they were giving a free accessory kit (that red bag full of goodies) and free shipping. Not only did they price match the best price I could find on the internet, but they still gave me the free winch accessory kit and free shipping that they were advertising. I was very impressed.

Mad Dog

According to dictionary.com the word irregardless is a non-standard word that means regardless. So while it may be bad english, it's still a word irregardless.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Mad Dog said:
According to dictionary.com the word irregardless is a non-standard word that means regardless. So while it may be bad english, it's still a word irregardless.
I wasn't trying to start anything. I just wanted to give him a bad time for correcting my English. In the process I learned something new and I will avoid using it in the future as long as I remember. Old habits are hard to break though so we'll see.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
Speaking of winches....what's up with this new "wireless" winch control stuff??? It does away with solenoids, etc..... sounds cool to me....can someone research that??

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
6677ebman said:
Speaking of winches....what's up with this new "wireless" winch control stuff??? It does away with solenoids, etc..... sounds cool to me....can someone research that??
I don't think it does away with solenoids. It just uses a wireless remote control in place of the wired remote. Not sure if it wires directly into the solenoid pack or just plugs into it like the wired remote. It seems kind of scary to me though. I have nightmares about 2 rigs on exactly the same frequency being too close to each other and having the winch suck my hand into it when someone else inadvertantly activates mine while they are using theirs. I value my hands too much to take a chance even if it is an extremely slim one. (More than one hand and a lot of fingers have been lost during winching operations) If I'm outside then I use the wired remote and if I'm winching from inside I have a set of push buttons (With a guarded master switch) permanently mounted.

Attachments

• SaddleUp105.jpg
    SaddleUp105.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 21
  • SaddleUp106.jpg
    SaddleUp106.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 19

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I know this might set me up for ridicule, but my local Sam's club has 7500lb Champion winches for $298.00 I bought one six months ago and have used it at least 8 times since and had no problems. It's actually gotten me out of a couple of pretty hairy situtions. I also spent an extra $40.00 for and extended warranty that took me to four years from purchase date. It's a no-name brand , but it has held up so far. For me it was worth the risk especially with the warranty.