• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Window Frame Removal Is A Breeze!!!

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok so when I want To put the hard top on the cut window frame wasn't too friendly for That, so I ended up getting bolt in window frames to make it like a 66. I love it. Lot of work. I put a video of me putting it in after the work. It's not a good video but hey there might be something in there that helps someone. I got them From cjponyparts.com, can't complain they were a good deal. This thing is a time and money pit as I'm sure most of you are experiencing. " hello my name is Marshall, and I am a bronco-colic."

Right before Christmas they had a special. https://youtu.be/LWtjWa8fz60
Nice! Thanks for posting it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Godwick

Loc.
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok so when I want To put the hard top on the cut window frame wasn't too friendly for That, so I ended up getting bolt in window frames to make it like a 66. I love it. Lot of work. I put a video of me putting it in after the work. It's not a good video but hey there might be something in there that helps someone. I got them From cjponyparts.com, can't complain they were a good deal. This thing is a time and money pit as I'm sure most of you are experiencing. " hello my name is Marshall, and I am a bronco-holic."

Right before Christmas they had a special. https://youtu.be/LWtjWa8fz60
Let's see the lines where you cut into the door.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Marshall

Originally I cut the door window frame at the wing glass with a hacksaw and grinder(see the first video I posted above). I liked the look, but I wanted to modify the cut part so I could reattach that piece when I wanted, for example when I wanted to put the hard top back on. I gave it a try, but didn't like it, so next I cut the whole wing glass part off with a cutting wheel. I then ordered the two whole pieces of door window frames that you can bolt in (from cjponyparts) as in the last video I posted and drilled holes in my door for the bolts and Opened the pieces that go down in the door up a bit out with my grinder. Then put the pieces in the door and went and bought some bolts and washers as the window frames I ordered already had nuts in the insert part of the door.

Let me know what you want a picture of specifically and I will give it a try.