• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Window Frame Removal

gooch66

Loc.
Germantown, TN
My window frames are shot and I bought a bolt in replacement. The old frames of my '75 are welded at the top and look to be riveted on the inside of the door. What is the best way to remove these to "bolt in" the new window frame?

tbratz

I did this once on a set of doors off a '72. I just drilled out where the frames were welded to the doors through the front and back bolt holes. This broke the welds free and did not really require huge holes. I then took a dremel tool and using small cutting wheels I cut through the welds where the frame comes through the top of the doors. It took a number of discs, because they are so small but it worked. There were no rivets on the inside of mine. I was surprised how little work it actually took to break them free. The new frames slid right in and bolted right into place.