• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield Frame fit

ccowart83

Hey everyone,
I have a windshield fitment question. I am prefitting all my parts together before priming and noticed the angle of the frame is off. Is this normal and the hardtop or roll bar braces will tighten up the gap? Or is something off?
I don't remember if this was the case when it was tore apart.

be8f3f336679730966ec92448d4862be.jpg

e3a0e7213534a49f9c073eaea9579302.jpg

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
They get sprung a little while working on them II think. I places some 1/4 FW along the hinge and then folded the frame up. The washers act like the gasket and keep the spacing relatively close, then I ran some bolts in the windshield hold down and snugged them up. If you are going to run a hard top you will be able to use it to get it perfect.

luke

Yep. You can adjust the drip edge gap to the door frame by sliding the top forward or backward. But that will also change the gap to the top on the rear of the door frame. You will have to play with it and find a happy medium.