• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield Glass Removal

jr

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Any tips, suggestions, special tools, do and don'ts, on how do to this. And yes I won't be using a hammer.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Glass will pop out from the front. With this in mind work the rubber with your fingers from the inside pulling the egde off and pushing the glass foreward. Do this around the whole thing and it will loosen. Finally when you feel it is loose enough, Work the corner and slowly work it from the egde going all the way around. Have something soft for the windshield to fall on if you lose your grip.<br> If you got new seals cut the old one off from the inside.<br>If it has never been touched then it will be easy. Sometimes you'll find silicone on the rubber to the frame,<br>Major PITA!<br> Good luck

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
I was told by a couple guys that if it was old it would be brittle and very difficult to get out in one piece, of course they both wanted to sell me a new windshield! How true is this?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Its the roll of the dice. Ive taken out old glass with no problems. The way the Bronco glass is in with the rubber seal I dont see any problems. Some other model of vehicle where the glass is sealed to the frame I could see it breaking.