• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield Installation

hunt&fish

Loc.
Marietta, Georgia
I'm a brand new member with a 68 Bronco that I'm trying to get shipshape. The windshield has several cracks and I'm considering ordering a new glass and seal. How do I go about this replacement or should I get a professional auto glass replacement shop to do the job.
Thanks in advance for the help.

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Easy fix. Run wire around the lip of the seal and while pushing on the outside, use the wire to pull the lip into the channel. Make sure you over lap the ends far enough to pull the last little bit in.

And Welcome!

OP
OP
H

hunt&fish

Loc.
Marietta, Georgia
Sealant ?

Easy fix. Run wire around the lip of the seal and while pushing on the outside, use the wire to pull the lip into the channel. Make sure you over lap the ends far enough to pull the last little bit in.

And Welcome!

Thanks evil69. Did you use any sealant ?

Bronco Brett

Loc.
little rock ar
no sealant required. I like 1/4 inch nylon rope around the seal and some glass cleaner on gasket for lube. then have a friend hold some pressure on glass and pull rope. this takes some finnese so take ur time. walk the gasket around, i fit gets stuck start pulling from the other side of the rope.

twbowhunter

no sealant required. I like 1/4 inch nylon rope around the seal and some glass cleaner on gasket for lube. then have a friend hold some pressure on glass and pull rope. this takes some finnese so take ur time. walk the gasket around, i fit gets stuck start pulling from the other side of the rope.

very easy,dish soap and water mix on the rubber then have someone iside to pull the rope ,as they pull the person on the outside pats the glass WITH A FLAT HAND and follows the person inside (also take off any rings!) if you come to a corner that is tight you can move the glass by slapping in the direction you need to move it. this sounds really silly %) hope this helps

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
I tryed that and cracked my glass....:cry: So I just took it to a professional and he ordered a new one and $165.00 later I am in business...;D