• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

windshield wiper help needed bad

dash8mx

I bought a newly used linkage assembly for the wipers and have a problem. my wiper motor bracket has been modified by previous individuals and is flipped over and held in by the two small nuts to the windshield frame.The old linkage was broken on the passenger side where it bolts to the windshield frame.The part that goes through the windshield had broken off the part that bolts it onthe windshield thus the new part.I put the new part on and the linkage had to be forced onto the motor shaft, like it was just off on the angle of attachment.I turned it on and it stalled at the point it is about to come around like at 5-o'clock position. I pried it off cut motor off and tried again same thing. I do not wish to break the new linkage i guess the old one just broke at this point of travel allowing it to continue the sweep. Does anyone have any idea what i speak of or any suggestions as to the fix. I have a roll- bar that was why the motor is flipped over to make clearencefor the tube.I am leaning toward a new motor drop bracket. thanks for you'rer time and sorry to ramble on. I love this list. Thansk william in va

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
rain -x ........never worry about wipers again.

Try shimming the motor with washers to get your angle back?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Man, seems like you have a lot of problems. When you get it fixed I want you to go to the mall and have a T-shirt made that says <br><br> Early Broncos... Making mechanics out of average guys since 1966 !<br><br> I hope you get that thing sorted out soon. and if you do get a shirt buy some extras , you could probably sell a few on here . ;D ;D ;D