• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield wiper wire routing question

Green_Bastard

Hey guys,
I'm hoping someone can clear up some confusion on the routing of my wiper wires. I've seen a few threads on this topic but I'm seeing something a little different. My understanding is there should be a hole on the lower back side of the windshield frame for the wires to pass through and into a matching hole on the back side of the dash. Mine has a hole on the underside of the windshield frame for the wires to pass. Shown the attached pic. I don't have a matching hold under it so I'll need to drill a hold to pass the wires. It's been so long since I disassembled everything and a lot of body work was done so I don't remember how mine was originally router. Was this routing ever used from Ford or is this an after market change?

Attachments

• IMG_2495.jpg
    IMG_2495.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 33

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
The hole should be right below that hole in the windshield frame when the frame is in the up position. Looks like yours was filled from the photo, you're going to need to open it back up if you want to route it the stock way

OP
OP
Green_Bastard

Green_Bastard

The hole should be right below that hole in the windshield frame when the frame is in the up position. Looks like yours was filled from the photo, you're going to need to open it back up if you want to route it the stock way
Thats what I'm thinking also. I'm pretty sure that's how it was routed before.