• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

winshield

mikev3704

I have a 75 bronco and it was repainted, and it looks like the hood flew open one time and the windsheild frame cracked on the bottom of each sides.. The frame is fiberglass.. I was wondering if I should repair the frame or just buy a new one.. I dont want to have to remove the windsheild frame again to repair or replace it.. I think I can repair it, Im just worried that it will not last..
any input will be appreciated.. thanx...:-*

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
It is a very easy fix.
I'm not a big fan of fiberglass when repairing or at all for that matter. I use West System epoxy on all my boats for cracks and general repair.
I've built boats in the past and you cannot compare fiberglass and epoxy when it comes to strength, ease of use and odor. Epoxy costs a little more but well worth it.
Here is one of my boats made entirely from epoxy and Okume Mahogany. No screws or fasteners at all.
Go on to the West System website and snoop around.

Attachments

• finished pram 2.JPG
    finished pram 2.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 37

DU 001

Loc.
Houston, Texas
Windshield

Just a thought...but the only thing separating you from anything that comes into the windshield is the glass and the frame.

Don't know the extent of the cracks, but if you think there is any chance the frame could shear in an accident, I'd take the safe route and replace it.

Again, just a thought.

Regards,

DU 001

OP
OP
mikev3704

mikev3704

windsheild

Thanx.. I'll just replace the winshield... Thanx for the input.... Dont want to take a chance....

Mike

kntr

Bronco Guru
If you have the money, WH has a stainless steel windshield frame with the wipers on the bottom. Man I would love to have one.

ssframe_300.jpg

irwin

Loc.
redding
i will drool with you !plus the extra inch and a half of sight !
it all seems grate intell you see the $1000.00 price tag

kntr

Bronco Guru
Who can put a price on perfection? ;)

then shipping.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Just say someday. Thats what I always tell myself. It makes ya feel a lot better. :):)

irwin

Loc.
redding
kanter do you have a picture of what the windshield looks like with bottom windshield wipers inside the truck?