• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wish the EBs luck

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bill's '69 fell victim to a stupid carb mistake..do not use the composite floats with racing fuel additives.they eventually become as bouyant as ..a stone. A Howell TBI system has been purchased and will be in place before next event. Oh..and beadlocks are NOT optional..but we proved that carrying starting fluid is the next best option. psst, flick, BOOOM..ready to roll.

Mike's truck suffered enough damage in the waterfall roll-over that he decided enough was enough..still a whole season left.

Eugene...well what can I say? Eugene has no mercy when it comes to his rigs. With the rod knocking like a jackhammer in his nitrous-sprayed 302 and nary a lick of water in the radiator, he barely cleared the waterfall ledge under winch power and tried to restart the truck (radiator steam jet was impinging on the dizzy directly). Judge said '45 seconds left" just as the engine fired..so he mashed the pedal and held it there. When he hit the next obstacle ('impacted' is the better word) , a sheer rock ledge in the creek, the front end simply folded up and took the doghouse with it. Game over.

We'll be back..we know what we need to do now. Yeah, right..the game never ends.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
iwlbcnu said:
Bill, you should have said something, i probably had floats at home. I thought both of you were running M engines.

Pics here: http://www.cj-8.net/VROC/VROC.html
Alot of Eugenes.

Bronco's show up on page
13-Mikes roll
14-mikes roll

There was a good couple roll's on the last couple pages as well.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thought both of you were running M engines.

I didn't even think to ask you about floats Jeff..to be honest, I had already decided I needed some more 'armor' to really be ready for some of those obstacles. Next time.

Mike and Eugene are both running Windsors...I'm the oddball most places when I show up with the Aussie 408 in mine.

FYI..Mike is running a Qjet on his and Eugene (the show n shine orange truck :cool: was running a 'tweaked' 2100 2V on a pretty heavily modified motor. He is very fond of the laughing gas too...

So none of the EBs were fuel injected (optional)..but all were fool injected (required).

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
That place looks like a blast
That orange rig looks like one I just saw on the trailer in Frederick. Didn't have time to stop but it had Quite a bit of rash!!!
Hey Bill you get that KB Aussie running yet?
Chris