• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Work on your Bronco, it feels good!

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I've made a lot of progress on my Bronco over the last year. Most importantly, I installed EFI and actually got it running! Unfortunatly, I rushed the install along and it was kind of a mess. I did make the EB roundup near Florence AZ last spring, but I wasn't satisfied with the mess of wires under the hood and in the cab.
Sometime in July I removed the dashboard with the best of intentions of cleaning things up, and promptly got busy with other stuff. My poor old EB sat in the back corner of a cinder mine for 5 months without a thought.
On Thanksgiving night (about 2:00 A.M., 15 degrees in Flagstaff) I woke with a start wondering if the EB had real antifreeze in it, or just water. The very next morning I was at work (the cinder mine)draining the cooling system (no damage) when my boss came around and said "why don't you put it in the shop for the weekend" so I did.
This is a GREAT shop! Every Snap-On tool you could imagine, Plasma cutters, wire-feed, heli-arc, etc. Anyway, instead of just winterizing the EB, I got ambitious and did all of the work I have been avoiding for 5 months, in one day. I even reversed the speaker and glove box on the dash, and had my good friend weld it in (I can weld, but his welds hardly needed any grinding).
It is amazing what can be done given the opportunity.

Work on your Bronco, it feels good!

-J

xbanone

GOOD TO HEAR IT!! working on the old bronco always makes me feel good, how bout a pic of the new dash? im thinkinkg of doing that myself,

Brady

Slumlord

Loc.
Portland, Oregon
Johnnyb -

Hey!
I just moved from Flag to Boulder after living their for 7 years. Great city, hopefully someday I'll move back and live for a couple more years!

About your EB, do you know a cat named Matt? He rolls around with a blue EB with a Mustang HO 351. His rig also has a white top since he hasn't gotten his new hood painted yet, at least that's how he was doing it about 2 months ago.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi to another 'Staffer.

~ Josh

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Fooled around with mine today and it was great, not for very long, but enough for a contented sigh....

snake

adidas

Bronco Guru
Loc.
arizona
i'll be in flagstaff for college next year. i better see some eb's representing or ill be pissed ;) ;D ;) -- 15 degrees?!?! holy crap i better buy a sweatshirt or something.

and yes working on your bronco does feel good. i had been putting off the installation of my turn signal bracket and wireing for a couple months, but i got down and dirty after work saturday (in the dark) and got it done. now i have brake lights! isnt that grand! -- now all i have to do is speedo and tach. thats next months project. yea, im lazy. %)

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Flagstaff Broncos

There are a ton of broncos in Flag, and I may have met Matt, but I'm pretty sure I know the rig you are talking about.

-J

Slumlord

Loc.
Portland, Oregon
Johnnyb -

How long have you lived in Flag for??

What area (east side / west side)?

Just curious...

I guess I just miss hearing about Flag :)

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I live downtown

My house is right behind the library. I also keep an old Greyhound bus (converted) at my house, maybe you have seen the place.

-J