• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AZ WTB - Dual Action Fuel Pump for a 1966 with a 289

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gryphonl

Hello,

I am trying to find a stock fuel pump with the vacuum pump that will work on a 289. Preferably, I would like one that I don't have to rebuild. If you have one, please let me know.

If anyone in Arizona has a stock roll bar or seats, I would also be interested.

Thanks,

GryphonL

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
fuel pump

I have a rebuilt one that I have had for many years. These are obsolete, if you haven't figured that out. $200 plus shipping. Mark in San Diego. 619 997-9954 or matherton619@gmail.com

kaw700zn

Loc.
Chandler
I am in Chandler, AZ. I have both front and rear seats out of 73 in excellent shape for its age. PM me if you are interested.

broncoray

Contributor
There may be one out there.

I bought a fuel pump with vacuum ports for a 1966 170 motor at NAPA.
Attached pic.

Maybe they got one for a 289 too. if not there's Ebay. Good Luck.

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1746.jpg
    IMG_1746.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
289 and 170 are completely different. As Mark mentioned, the V8 one has been obsolete for years. There have been a number of threads on this over the years - rebuilding what you have is about your only bet.

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
I have a rebuild able unit listed. It works, buy the truck sat for 10 years, and would need a cleaning $75 shipped lower 48

broncoray

Contributor
Last edited:

delconick

these are not made new. one day maybe? who knows. I have ours fully rebuilt and I typically have at least one on the shelf. we do have a core charge so if you have an old one it will save you a few dollars.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
fuel pump

For those of you that don't know, the fuel pumps listed on ebay, do not have the longer engagement lever that is required for the bronco 289.

Attachments

• DSC_0361[1].jpg
    DSC_0361[1].jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
G

Gryphonl

Good news everyone! I have purchased a dual action fuel pump from a seller on ebay. It has the longer arm needed for the 289 and it should arrive in a week or so. Hopefully it will be in working condition. If not, at least I have something to rebuild.

Thank you all for your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.