• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Y in Oakhill

Curly

Loc.
Round Rock, Texas
Anyone in the Austin Texas area going to be at the Y in Oakhill tonight? I was thinking of heading down there, and thought it would be cool to meet some other EB'ers.

74HalfCabHorn

Loc.
Austin, TX
I know that some people have been talking about meeting, so i will give you a bump to the top in hopes that they will see it and be able to meet up with you. As for me, i'm going to wait til my bronco is street legal before i make the drive. Hopefully it will be done in less than a month.

OP
OP
C

Curly

Loc.
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks Halfcab...I just figured out that I would probably be able to make it out there, and if anyone was thinking of going I just wanted to know.

Street legal...I'm sure you can make that happen this afternoon! ;D

And seeing that this was your first post....welcome to the club! If you are like me, I do more reading/learning than I do posting, so you have probably been her for a while. If you can make it out there in another vehicle...look me up...mines the school bus yellow 70.

74HalfCabHorn

Loc.
Austin, TX
If i had the power to make it street legal this afternoon i would do it in an instant.....however, it doesn't have any exhaust right now and i don't have the tools, skills or parts to fix it. :-[ Hopefully it will get done next week and then its off to ordering my tires and rims, seeing as it looks a bit odd with 5.5" of lift and 31's ;)

I am just like you in reading more than i post. I have seen a few posts that i wanted to respond to but never thought it necessary for me to clutter up the thread. In this case though since your in austin i wanted to give everyone that has been talking of meeting the chance to meet up with you since you semi planned it. Thanks for the welcome aboard. Now i'm off to ask my first question....after i search through old topics.

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
I was there.

I didn't get a chance to check the board before I went, though, sorry guys. It's just down the street from my place, so I'm there just about every Saturday, checking out everything.

The new Mustangs are always there in force, there's an 8-71 blown, tubbed, big-block Willys there most nights, a 1908 Model T roadster, and a couple of classic Mustangs are what I'd call "regulars", but there are always quite a few other interesting cars (and trucks) there. An ERA replica Cobra with a 427 SOHC thumper, a '57 Vette roadster, a '67 427 Vette roadster, a Pantera, a Lamorghini, a 240 Z with a small-block Chevy...you get the idea.

We need more Broncos!

OP
OP
C

Curly

Loc.
Round Rock, Texas
Ebronc....sorry I missed you...the wife and kido were at Disney on ice when I got the call that we were having dinner and Mexican Margaritas at a friends house. I met them there in the EB...but things started to add up (if you know what I mean)...good thing they only live half a mile down the road. Was that vette a copper and white one?

The Y is at the end of Mopac basically. If you take Mopac south, you take it in to Oakhill, and it "Y's" right there at the Albertson's where everyone meets. Anyone work at Dell? I do...just wanted to know if there were anyothers on here working for the big E.

Texas77

Loc.
Temple, Tx
I work at an Engineering company that has done a little bit of work out there. Thanks for the heads up on the location of the Y. I get close to there when I go out to Motorola. As soon as I get the brakes working better, I will make the trip down. My girls always like a good reason to go to Austin especially in the Bronco. ;D