• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yet another tire thread.

pipermike

I know I should search but I figure everyone loves tires anyway so here I go. After spending probably weeks in 45 minute intervals staring at different tires I think I've narrowed it between the MTZ's and the DC mud country's.
I know there both made by Cooper and they are about the same price. I don't use my rig as a DD I drive it mostly on the weekends when I have time. I want something that is reasonable on the road and will be good in the New England woods. I have a 31/2" lift so I'm thinking of staying with 33"'s. I'm going to mount the on some old school slots I just found. Anyone have an opinion either way? The only thing that concerns me about the MTZ's is they seem to have a real square flat look to them on the trucks I see going around town. I don't know if that's just because of the 20" rims on the F 150's these days..I'll take any input. Thanks.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
never seen square tires. must look rather odd. I had some Cooper tires once. Go with either Goodyear, Goodrich or Michelin.

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
I have had cooper tires on three of my vehicles. Currently running the discoverer ST which is a good tire. I regularly rotate them so they wear evenly. Nice on road manners and handle all the situations I have come across off road... So far. If they made the discoverer st in a 215/75r15 I would pick up a set for my stocker....

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
Plus the Cooper Tire plant is 5 minutes from my house. They employ A lot of people in my area so I'm partial to local business.