• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

York Compressor on a 5.0 Serp. system?

lodnirgs

Loc.
Louisiana
This idea has be thrown around before and I would like an update if anyone has made this work. I have a 90 Mustang with PS and serpentine belt system to be mounted in my 76 Bronco. I am willing to give up the factory AC compressor and would like to replace it with a york. Has any one done this?
Lodnirgs

rbuday

I have a 351w with March pulleys and brackets, I had to make my own P/S bracket and had to make an adapter to run the York instead of the Sanden unit that March originally intended to be used with this kit.

Projp

I have used the stock sanden compressor for air with great results. If, and when it dies, I will look at a York or maybe another cheap Sanden.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I run a York compressor on my serpentine 5.8l. I modified the stock cast aluminum AC/PS bracket to hold a York instead of a Sanden. It's not that hard but you need to be able to machine and weld aluminum to do it. Or you could fab your brackets out of steel. I'm not aware of any production or aftermarket bracket that will allow you to bolt a York onto a 5.0/5.8 serpentine system. If some enterprising individual would design and market a bracket that will mount a York and a Saginaw PS pump on a 5.0/5.8 serp engine, I bet the world would beat a path to your door.

Dusty

BoulderBronco

Loc.
Boulder, CO
Dusty said:
I run a York compressor on my serpentine 5.8l. I modified the stock cast aluminum AC/PS bracket to hold a York instead of a Sanden. It's not that hard but you need to be able to machine and weld aluminum to do it. Or you could fab your brackets out of steel. I'm not aware of any production or aftermarket bracket that will allow you to bolt a York onto a 5.0/5.8 serpentine system. If some enterprising individual would design and market a bracket that will mount a York and a Saginaw PS pump on a 5.0/5.8 serp engine, I bet the world would beat a path to your door.
Dusty