• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

You know you've found a nice one when:

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You know you found a nice one when...every single body panel is BENT*

* Except for the tailgate and one door!!!!! Wow some 'ingenious' fixes here!!!
I'll post my "nice one".....bought Christmas Eve and brought home Yesterday!
Many may remember these pics about a year ago on something about roll cages/bars.....if they are needed!

Well after meeting the wrecked Bronco's owner and talking with him for a year, he sells me his 'pride and joy'. This was an exceptionally clean daily driven Bronco that was rebuilt 10,000 miles ago. The Bronco runs and drives great, we just had to remove the top and door frames to get in the drivers seat!!!! All this Bronco needs is a complete "Skin Graft".....ie a donor tub!!:-[:cry::-[

Attachments

• 100_2820.jpg
    100_2820.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_2821.jpg
    100_2821.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Wrecked '77 001.jpg
    Wrecked '77 001.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Wrecked '77 013.jpg
    Wrecked '77 013.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Wrecked '77 009.jpg
    Wrecked '77 009.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Wrecked '77 006.jpg
    Wrecked '77 006.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Wrecked '77 003.jpg
    Wrecked '77 003.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Wrecked '77 002.jpg
    Wrecked '77 002.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 117

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Most of that will buff out. Dont you still have the 68 body?

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Most of that will buff out. Dont you still have the 68 body?

Yea.....Bax...flame polish with a torch right.....Yes, I have the early tub, but what's better, I have a good uncut '77 that is just a frame and body. I robbed the rear axle, rear fuel tank, and some other parts a few years ago. Before I found it, someone had stole the engine, steering sector, trans, transfer case and front axle. The body needs front floor pans and the swing-a-way spare mounts on the corner of the body have contacted a tree and damaged the tailight section, but other wise pretty good. I have the intention to "Save Another One!":cool:

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
besides the wooden floor boards, this is what was holding the door hings from falling off%) yes it's a 1x4

Attachments

• bronco door.JPG
    bronco door.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 97

Bundy

Bronco Guru
This thread is friggin awesome!

this is the best shit I have ever seen! :eek:
attachment.php

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina

Wow fordfan, I thought I was the only one dealing in roll-overs!!! Mine didn't have any running gear, a good door or tailgate!!!! It had a 44 but the guy wanted it back!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• EB2 Together12(18-33).jpg
    EB2 Together12(18-33).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 80
  • EB2 Together15(18-33).jpg
    EB2 Together15(18-33).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 88

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Had a 66 I sold to Rob in Central Florida, floor boards from tailgate(missing) to firewall were pressure treated 1x6 deckboards.

Wish I hadn't sold it now.

I have a good uncut '77 that is just a frame and body. I robbed the rear axle, rear fuel tank, and some other parts a few years ago. Before I found it, someone had stole the engine, steering sector, trans, transfer case and front axle.

You keeping the frame?

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
lonesouth;You keeping the frame?[/QUOTE said:
I'm not sure...... Do you need a frame? the '77 frame is a little different where the rear tank fastens....what year frame do you need?

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Wow fordfan, I thought I was the only one dealing in roll-overs!!! Mine didn't have any running gear, a good door or tailgate!!!! It had a 44 but the guy wanted it back!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Hold it a minute Ben................... I know what's going on. Your S T R E T C H I N G it, right!!!!! Hey, When you were building that '77 body a few months ago, you built and extra one, didn't you.....I think I remember it was full fendered too!!!;)

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Yea.....Bax...flame polish with a torch right.....Yes, I have the early tub, but what's better, I have a good uncut '77 that is just a frame and body. I robbed the rear axle, rear fuel tank, and some other parts a few years ago. Before I found it, someone had stole the engine, steering sector, trans, transfer case and front axle. The body needs front floor pans and the swing-a-way spare mounts on the corner of the body have contacted a tree and damaged the tailight section, but other wise pretty good. I have the intention to "Save Another One!":cool:

What's better is Me getting the 68 tub from you, and you saving the 77.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Well I am ashamed to say I didn't fix it till yesterday but what about the ground running from the battery to the headers :p

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Or it could come with its own fully enclosed exoskeleton that has been welded to the frame all the way around. The steel I cut off this thing weighed over 700 pounds. The rear springs were almost flat. Whoever welded this was pretty good though. The top hunting platform folded down and locked into place on the rear bumper. The front bumper extended out about three feet and weighed over 200 pounds by itself. Was designed to hold two boat seats for hunters to sit in while they drove around the ranch.

Attachments

• DSC_0140.jpg
    DSC_0140.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 140

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Or it could come with its own fully enclosed exoskeleton that has been welded to the frame all the way around. The steel I cut off this thing weighed over 700 pounds. The rear springs were almost flat. Whoever welded this was pretty good though. The top hunting platform folded down and locked into place on the rear bumper. The front bumper extended out about three feet and weighed over 200 pounds by itself. Was designed to hold two boat seats for hunters to sit in while they drove around the ranch.

does this mean your not going to use it for hunting anymore;D