• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

You want the good news or the bad?

MustangHowie

Loc.
Shelley, ID
Good news;

After sitting a few years I got my '76 Bronco out to work on. It was running rough so I rebuilt the carb, did a tune up and got it running pretty good.:)

Bad news;

It still didn't seem to have much power. I was driving around on the country roads by my house. I had a hard time getting up to speed. After driving about 10 miles I was about 1 mile from my house and the tranny started to slip. I got to my driveway and thought I would test it out and shifted down to 1st gear. No 1st gear. I shifted to 2nd and it went in. I drove up the drive and pulled into my parking spot and couldn't shift out of 2nd. I shut it off and tried to shift into park again, no go. I tried to shift the transfer case into neutral, no go. I got out and pushed it forward about a foot and tried the transfer case again and got it into neutral.:cry:

Atleast I can tow it now.

I am going to take it in next week and have the tranny rebuilt. The engine might have to wait a while, but it does seem to be running pretty good right now.

AGShelby

Loc.
San Antonio, Texas
C4

Could be your fluid level - and may not be ruined.

Make sure to check on a flat surface - with engine idling.

I had a low fluid issue on a C4 in a mustang - same symptoms. I added fluid and drove it for years after without issue.