• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

yukon joints

travisneville

will yukon u joints work with the f150 axle shafts. i want to upgrade my dana 44 with stronger axles and i didnt know if this would work. got the u joints cheap.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They'll work if you have the right size, 5-297x...do you? One of the reason to upgrade to the F150 axles is the larger u-joints relative to the Early Bronco D44's (5-260x).

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Whether they work or not, be very careful with the F150 axles spitting out the u joint C clips. The C clips are only held in about half way around. I put tiny spot welds from the cup to the yoke to hold the ujoints in after spitting out a few. Worked great, but kept an eye on them just the same especially with the pricey Yukons u joints. F150 axles are strong tho, so good working man's alternative to chromolly axles.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
super joints are bigger than 297/760 joints.

i tried to swap a friends spare chromo stub w/ yukon joint...and it was too big for my stock f-150 inner shaft.

they may make a 297 super joint, i dont know... all his stuff and my yukon stuff in the past came from complete offroad.

OP
OP
T

travisneville

i thought the 760 joint was the same as the yukon joint. i guess i will have to look into chromo axles.