• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Revell build thread,post your status too

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have that same Cobra kit still in the box that I bought back in 1990 in Guam, during my first assignment in the Air Force. Now if I could only remember where I stashed it.%)

I got 3 for my 8th grade birthday way back when!

Andrew

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I got 3 for my 8th grade birthday way back when!

Andrew

Yeah the kit I have is from 1981. It's old. Probably why there is a slight bow in the body. I need to clean out some more stuff that has been boxed up in my basement.
That blue bronco with the lift is looking cool keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I put some whitewalls on mine yesterday. These are a pain to install when the tires are mounted. I thinks it's finally done......unless I can figure out how to make some bumper guards.

bd1e395c3d057b55b7487f3a8ef624e4.jpg

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I ordered some Pegasus whitewalls from Megahobby.

https://www.megahobby.com/products/whitewalls-thin-self-adhesive-1-24-1-25-pegasus.html

They are very realistic. Made of rubber or vinyl. They are sandwiched in two layers of film. You peel off one side of the film so they maintain their "roundness" then place them on the tire and a few minutes later peel off the other side of the film. After a few attempts I figured it out. Hubcaps kinda got in the way and as usual, I had to glue the mirror and door handles back on....

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
and as usual, I had to glue the mirror and door handles back on....

I can so relate to that. My drivers door handle was mia for a couple days after going flying from a pair of tweezers during a "reinstall"

I just started my 2nd one...and I can say it's going much better than the first. By changing the instructions order of completion on several things helps with painting and not messing it up with glue. Prepping more things farther ahead of time certainly helps as well.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, my 2nd effort almost done. The chassis for this one is a lot neater with better detail, shame you don't see much of it after it's together. Other than deciding to paint the trim on the side (idiot move) this one has turned out very well. Couple more things learned with this one, it's far from perfect. Still have to finish the top, the top in the pic is from my blue one. I'm hoping I can take a silver fine point sharpie and cleanup the trim on the side.
I'm waiting until completely done with everything else before I put the side mirror and door handles on, lesson learned.

Attachments

• IMG_7908.jpg
    IMG_7908.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7921.jpg
    IMG_7921.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7923.jpg
    IMG_7923.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7924.jpg
    IMG_7924.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7960.jpg
    IMG_7960.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 121

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Nice job, I like the red.:cool: I plan on doing another when I finish my first one. I am almost finished, just a few more small details and a bikini top. I broke off the transfer case shifter, and in the process of gluing it back on cracked the steering column loose.:( I just ordered a case to put it in, should be here by Friday. Also my wife picked up a marker like this one, made by Elmer's, it's a fine point silver argent metallic, worked real nice for the body side trim. I found the sharpie wears off real easy.

Attachments

• 21312-2005-1-2ww-m[1].jpg
    21312-2005-1-2ww-m[1].jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 40
  • case.jpg
    case.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 42

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am like a kid in a candy store.....been having a grand time playing with these models. I bought several of them back before Christmas. Here are the first 2 complete. However I noticed when I looked at the picture of the red one that the O and R had come off the grill. Still have a side mirror MIA after zinging out of some tweezers. Looking like one of the kits may be a parts bin. You don't have to be good at it to have fun.

Attachments

• EB Revell Kit 01.jpg
    EB Revell Kit 01.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 62
  • EB Revell Kit 02.jpg
    EB Revell Kit 02.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 80

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wasn't going to post this until I finished in case it ended up looking like crap. Hopefully the end result will look OK. The intent is to have a matching trailer to the light blue Bronco. I found some putty at Hobby Lobby that you are supposed to be able to fill holes and shape with. I'm hoping I can fill the spare tire carrier mounting holes and level where the gas caps go, maybe cleanup around the panel across the front. Obviously the tongue will be shortened after the glue sets.

Attachments

• IMG_7993x.jpg
    IMG_7993x.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7988x.jpg
    IMG_7988x.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7987x.jpg
    IMG_7987x.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7979x.jpg
    IMG_7979x.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 58

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
What a cool idea making a trailer. Both them Bronco's look great. What kind of paint did you use on the body's?

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What kind of paint did you use on the body's?

The blue one was Testors Light Blue in spray can. The red one is a Ford Red duplicolor from Summit Racing, spray can. I used a spray primer first. The "experts" say you should use an airbrush and for the price of a few spray cans you buy one...but I figure with the cost of the learning curve I would just use the spray cans.

I bought this half cab resin 1:25 (same scale as Revell), it's only the body with the floor and frame. That's what gave me the idea of the trailer since I would have those parts not needed after I scavenged some pieces to build this one. I bought resin IROKs and wheels, I just need to figure out the flares so I can cut the fenders. Need to do that first to set the axle height, etc. Stepping out beyond my model building abilities so will just have to wait and see how it turns out.

Attachments

• IMG_7526.jpg
    IMG_7526.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7965.jpg
    IMG_7965.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_7939.jpg
    IMG_7939.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7943.jpg
    IMG_7943.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7949.jpg
    IMG_7949.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 85

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wasn't going to post this until I finished in case it ended up looking like crap. Hopefully the end result will look OK. The intent is to have a matching trailer to the light blue Bronco. I found some putty at Hobby Lobby that you are supposed to be able to fill holes and shape with. I'm hoping I can fill the spare tire carrier mounting holes and level where the gas caps go, maybe cleanup around the panel across the front. Obviously the tongue will be shortened after the glue sets.

I'm sure it'll turn out great man )

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
JW, Did you get the half cab body from the same place as the seats and other stuff, I didn't see them? That thing is going to look bad ass. :cool:

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Nice job, I like the red.:cool: I plan on doing another when I finish my first one. I am almost finished, just a few more small details and a bikini top. I broke off the transfer case shifter, and in the process of gluing it back on cracked the steering column loose.:( I just ordered a case to put it in, should be here by Friday. Also my wife picked up a marker like this one, made by Elmer's, it's a fine point silver argent metallic, worked real nice for the body side trim. I found the sharpie wears off real easy.
wife just came home with two cases:cool: now I just need to get back at them%)

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
I got my case in the mail today, opened it up and dam, it has a crack in the side. %)
This sucks, now I have to box it back up and send it back. This is exactly why I hate buying shit on line.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I got my case in the mail today, opened it up and dam, it has a crack in the side. %)
This sucks, now I have to box it back up and send it back. This is exactly why I hate buying shit on line.

Dammit...... They should just send you another one. It's not like they need it back......