• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Super Celebration 2018 photos ...

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Did anyone happen to note who won what? I know the last year I was there, I had to kind of scratch my head on why some broncos won in certain classes unless they were just announced incorrectly lol.

it better to leave that elephant sleep ! ;D

but to help anyone at any other or next years event !

category Original all / Orig. half cab and 66 only is easy !
you start at 100 points and as the judge finds things that don't belong / or not original he or she deducts points until a final point score ( these days and w. 523 broncos at a show you need to get 85 points to win anything )

yet you cant win if :
your show tag is laying upside down on the dash or seat and doors a locked

the hood is not open and you nowhere near your bronco !

most judges will look at all broncos over the 4 day event and talk to the owner .
judges get at a meeting just prior to the show and shine a category assigned .

I see why some are confused by how who won in what category !

well

its a fine line btw the categories ... stock , luber, uncut all and Half cabs !

lets say you have a stock half cab w. 1" lift .... vin says its a u14

bc of the 1" lift & w. so many 90 to 98 point scoring stock EBs you cant win in that category but you def. could in any of the other 3 !

its like one w. documented super low mileage, that's all stock except for new exterior paint vs
one w. 187k miles all stock w. all oem replacement parts , orig. paint and therefor massive patina ...
In stock category ...the 2nd one wins over the first !

In years past some pp didn't win a trophy bc of some lil detail that wasn't correct got them a add 2-3 point reduction .... yet its cool and fun to see how they come back w. the same EB and are quickly to point out , correct battery , sparkplug wires or oil liter .... ( just them 3 things is a 8-9 point swing and can make all the difference !

call me or find me at any show and I be happy to further elaborate !

Franko

Last edited:

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Pictures of some of the locals.

Pictures of some of the locals.
We saw 2 momma bears with three cubs each. Saw 10 bears in one trip to Cades Cove.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0068.jpg
    DSC_0068.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0065.jpg
    DSC_0065.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0060.jpg
    DSC_0060.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC_0059.jpg
    DSC_0059.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 39

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
A couple more of the locals

The last one is momma bear with three tiny cubs on her back!

Attachments

• DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0087.jpg
    DSC_0087.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 65

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
A few Bronco pictures

Didn't get too many this year. A couple form the Bush Bean ride and Tour of Townsend.

Attachments

• DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20180418_131635.jpg
    20180418_131635.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180418_115849.jpg
    20180418_115849.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20180418_080912.jpg
    20180418_080912.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 48

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Finally made it down to Super Celebration and snuck around a bit! Alot of really nice rides down there and definitely motivating to get some work done on my stuff when I have the room to do it! The Duck looked great and Nick's work was impeccable as expected. LOVED the Chassis that was on display with the Cummins in it from krawlers edge! Only bummer for me was not having my own Bronco down there and my back acting up on me which shortened the trip! Otherwise I will be back again hopefully next year with my own truck! ;D

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cool thanks for the explanation Franko! :cool:

with every year more and more broncos showing up it gets also more difficult to judge them all and come up w. a overall winner !
this year at SC ...

just 77s : 4 showed up bone stock and 3 of them documented under 68k miles ...never mind some amazing 67-76 stockers !
heck one hade just for the show all 4 original rims and tires swapped on it and his original spare has never bin off the tire carrier .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

broncoII ... is a category by it self w. no diff. btw stock and modified .

this year ..I have never seen so many
so
one guy shows up w. a showroom new all orig. low mileage survivor.
2nd fully restored w. every option available and v8 swap .
and a 3rd full custom restored 2 years ago by nicks trix ..

I ask you who would you give the winning trophy ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

full size 79 -96 : is also a category by it self w. no diff. btw stock and modified .

Me w. my 98% stock 126k , and at this point paint fading w. minor scratches . I know I cant win against some that repainted , modified and a couple "stock" some w. super low mileage . I kills me to look at mine and not wanting to get it repainted but everyone tells me not to touch it, enjoy it and leave it as is / honest ! I def. have enjoy it over the last 10 years and the 32k miles I put on it. lil over 27k miles I driven the round trip to SC ;D .... just like me appreciating and scoring high a true original early bronco survivor i hope someone 20 years form now might appreciate my FSB it for what it is !

its bin talked about this year how maybe by next year
1, utilize both fields for the show ( one only for vendors and Early broncos
and the other for bronco2s, full size and centurions ) ...I have never seen so many at one event !
I know of a few EBs that showed up on sat and could not find a parking spot at the show field

but if the change does not happen in 2019 ... the year after when the new bronco comes out they are not going to have a choice bc SC is open to all Broncos and not like other events and gatherings that a early bronco specific.
~~~~~~
you might ask how at 126k are you 98% stock ....
mechanically its all oem correct replacement parts .
heck when my water pump took a crap 4 years ago I could have went and got my self a cheapo one from any discount parts store ... or for ( I think +150 )a oem replacement from the dealer !

but NO ..... every water pump has a embossed born on date on top of the housing and its one of the first things you can see ( ifff you know what to look for ) when you pop the hood !

So I sent my water pump via ford dealer back to the factory and had it rebuilt . yes it wasn't cheap and it took them 3 weeks to get it back to me but hey like they say ...they are only once original !
I deduct my self 2 points for the manual lockers that I swapped out ... I only did it bc I don't trust the automatic once but they are in box in one of the side compartments in the back of the bronco !

see how mine is stamped 10-94 :cool::p
Oem orig. spark plug wires w. year of manufacture on them ....almost all parts show it .... some you have to look for others in plain sight !
You can tell me all day yours is all orig. ... but once you open the hood parts speak for them self ! :p
my break booster is leaking break fluid ... yes I can get a new Oem one ... but its not going to show the 1994 stamp ... therefor mine is going back to Michigan for rebuilt !

wana play in the all original class .... play well my friends ! ;D

Attachments

• 20180428_123729.jpg
    20180428_123729.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180429_111522.jpg
    20180429_111522.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180429_111331.jpg
    20180429_111331.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180429_124510.jpg
    20180429_124510.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
FrankO
Can you put your twist on the LUBR class?

Its very simple ...

if your bronco is lifted ( raised tub from frame ) and your fenders are uncut !
Ok you can cut/ modify the rear quarters by raising them to make them appear to look stock BUT not round /cut and flare the rear wheel openings !

Lubr ...modified raised quarters , stock looking .. like bax did !

Attachments

• P10100023.jpg
    P10100023.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

69Shamrock

Loc.
Doylestown, Pa.
Yeah I got the LUBR thing. I was asking about judging the class.
What were they looking for?
Generally I find once raised you start moddin everything (in my case). there not much "stock" anymore.
I have no ax to grind here. There were many that were a much higher level then mine. I only hope to improve over time.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Yeah I got the LUBR thing. I was asking about judging the class.
What were they looking for?
Generally I find once raised you start moddin everything (in my case). there not much "stock" anymore.
I have no ax to grind here. There were many that were a much higher level then mine. I only hope to improve over time.

lubr stock and restored to stock ( self-explanatory and not hard to judge them ... parts and finishes speak for them self )

lubr custom ...
yeah that's one of the categories where all the judges after the show & shine and as scorecards are turned in debate , agree and sometimes disagree. ( its one class I always veto to judge )
I think to some degree, leaving personal preference out of the equation is almost impossible .....
( like: I don't like seeing new style +18" size rims on skinny tires on broncos )
most pp that restore one delete all the chrome bits .... me I love them w. all the bling ! aso
I would say ..
1, wow factor as you walk up to the vehicle ( color combo / grill color / stripes paint and finish )
2, mechanical details ..or things not seen before or rare 408 / 351C well done 6cly. aso
3, attention to detail from hoses, hose clamps, wiring, unmolested bolts, interior finishes, dash layout, hood and doors that open and close smoothly w. nice gaps !
4, overall presentation and documentation ...Noting like seeing a photo of how you bought it and what you made out of it ! ;D

on a personal Note :
I think 4 years ago a member showed up w. old school 4 square headlight grill on his EB that I thought was cool and super rare. Yet tons of other PP at the show didn't see it my way and made it heard !
well the next year same owner and bronco came back to SC w. a traditional grill and the 4 square one in front of the Bronco on the ground w. a for sale sign on it ..... still kicking my self for not buying that grill !
I ask a few pp this year again what happened to that EB its owner and that grill .........

Franko

edit .... took me a lil to find the photo ... 2013 SC w. fantastic lubr in the background ;)

Attachments

• DSCN3412.jpg
    DSCN3412.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Franko - was nice talking to you again this year. Hopefully we will be on the Baja trip next year and have an excellent unique experience. Keep in touch

Chuck

TTownEP

franko289 said:
edit .... took me a lil to find the photo ... 2013 SC w. fantastic lubr in the background ;)

That is interesting. I can deal with this. I don’t care for the stacked squares like a square body Chevy

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
That is interesting. I can deal with this. I don’t care for the stacked squares like a square body Chevy

when I seen it the first time I thought someone fabed it him self ... but over the years I seen a few of them what lets me to believe that some major company offered that grill in the 80s ....least it screams 80s to me !

heck a friend in north Miami got a 80s restored EB in deep purple w. that grill. Its stamped grill for the square lights ! Oh and not for sale !
I have pix of it somewhere ...