• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Engine - Parts List and Info For Install

Spaggyroe

You should be able to just order a 30" Ididit column from their site or others. You'll need to order a new shaft and u-joints for your column to the steering box.

Sorry, I'm late to the party here, but to build off what Jason said...

I used the following shaft and u-joints:
- Borgeson - 40922 - Splined Shaft, 20" long, 3/4", 36 spline both ends
- Borgeson - 13452 - Upper u-joint - 3/4-36 x 1" DD (column has a DD connection)
- Borgeson - 13425 - Lower u-joint - 3/4-36 x 11/16-36 (to match my steering box). I have a Borgeson steering box.

Sperger72

Coyote no body lift

Does the Coyote clear without a body lift? I have TDK frame, two inches wider, I am using BC Bronco motor mounts. I have a one inch body lift and cannot use my plastic Gen 3 engine topper. It looks like the Coyt will hit on throttle body since it angles so much.

Zach

tripleJs15

Does the Coyote clear without a body lift? I have TDK frame, two inches wider, I am using BC Bronco motor mounts. I have a one inch body lift and cannot use my plastic Gen 3 engine topper. It looks like the Coyt will hit on throttle body since it angles so much.

Zach

Just ordered my frame - interested to see how your build goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sperger72

Just went and looked at the black one we are building. It has a 1 inch body lift. I do not think it will work without at least a 1 inch body lift. Probably why Kincer and BC tell you must use at least a one inch body lift. Has anyone done this without any body lift?

Jamie Chriss

You are going to need it to install. Once it is all done you could try and remove. there are a lot of tight areas. Mine is done, I will go through and get some pictures of the tight areas. I think I could cut the body lift down to 1".

Attachments

• Bronco Done.jpg
    Bronco Done.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 125

hummerdan

Is it necessary to modify or replace the oil pan with a 2” suspension lift? Would like to see some pics for those that have completed this swap. Thanks

STalon89

You can run a factory oil pan with 2.5" of suspension lift if you are just using it on the street. If you are really flexing the suspension, you may come close to contacting it.

STalon89

Sperger- You need some body lift. Otherwise your brake booster will be sitting on the engine

hummerdan

You can run a factory oil pan with 2.5" of suspension lift if you are just using it on the street. If you are really flexing the suspension, you may come close to contacting it.

It will be primarily street use with a possibility of some fire trails. 2.5” Wild Horses suspension lift and 2” BL. Will run the stock pan to start, if I run into any rubbing issues will modify or replace with an aftermarket. Any recommendations for the aftermarket pan?

lbrendis

The tight area on the swap is also the tunnel where the transfer case links up. If you have twin sticks and a Atlas the BL is a must.

77BroncoTucson

Coyote and TDK frame

I am using a TDK frame, 3rd Gen Coyote and BC Broncos engine mounts. Got a 10R80 behind it with an Advance Adapters kit to the Dana 20. No body lift, so I had to make some room in the trans tunnel. Also had to move the firewall back to clear the vacuum actuators on the intake manifold. Moved the master cylinder 1-1/2" to the left and the heater 6" to the right.

The biggest problem is that the 10R80 is so much longer than the old C4. That puts the front driveline yoke so far back that it would not reach the pinion on the Dana 44 without lifting it to the moon. I had Western Differential (Tucson AZ) make a 9" front axle with a 10" pinion offset (the Dana 44 is 5" offset). Even then, I had to go to a Moroso road race pan and modified it for clearance to the diff. Also C-sectioned the left frame rail for up travel clearance of the axle.

Look at most of the Coyote Broncos and you can see daylight over the tops of the diff housings. Leno has one; check out the episode on Leno's Garage about that (YouTube). It goes like hell in a straight line but forget about cornering.

I have been on trails where I was worried about tipping over. I'm not building a rock crawler, but this Bronco will have plenty of daylight under it and will still have a reasonable CG.

77BroncoTucson

Gen 3 Coyote

I used the BC Broncos motor mounts (Gen 3) and the Advance Adapters trans mount with the 10R80 and Dana 20. No body lift; I moved the firewall back. Just put the stock profile Bronco Designs premium hood on it and it fits!

tripleJs15

- Borgeson - 13452 - Upper u-joint - 3/4-36 x 1" DD (column has a DD connection)
- Borgeson - 13425 - Lower u-joint - 3/4-36 x 11/16-36 (to match my steering box). I have a Borgeson steering box.

What steering column were you using?

Beresb

I used the BC Broncos motor mounts (Gen 3) and the Advance Adapters trans mount with the 10R80 and Dana 20. No body lift; I moved the firewall back. Just put the stock profile Bronco Designs premium hood on it and it fits!

I just picked up a complete 2019 F150 coyote auto driveline incl. transfer case with 30,000 kms and will give it the Texas Metal try to see if it will all fit in my Bronco even tho I have read on here the frame rails are too narrow to accommodate the transfer case. The price was right and incl pedals, harnesses, air boxes, shift selector, etc. so fingers crossed!

tripleJs15

I just picked up a complete 2019 F150 coyote auto driveline incl. transfer case with 30,000 kms and will give it the Texas Metal try to see if it will all fit in my Bronco even tho I have read on here the frame rails are too narrow to accommodate the transfer case. The price was right and incl pedals, harnesses, air boxes, shift selector, etc. so fingers crossed!

There’s a guy in the Facebook group that did this, he posted pics of the modifications he did to clear the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beresb

Ok, thanks for the head's up, and now the one time where I wish I belonged to Facebook.....

tripleJs15

What body lift were you running with the 20" shaft?