• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2021 Barrett Jackson Broncos

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
18 Classic Broncos and 2021 VIN #001 will be selling over the next 4 days

Wednesday:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1972-FORD-BRONCO-244705

244705_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Thursday:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1967-FORD-BRONCO-CUSTOM-SUV-244968

244968_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1975-FORD-BRONCO-CUSTOM-SUV-245199

245199_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The three '77s look like real nice rigs. I'm disappointed that I don't think I'll have enough time to attend this year to check them out.

For those interested, there will be at least one other option coming this weekend to get a better look and insight on the rigs. Stay tuned for further details!

Todd Z.

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep.... He called it Ginger but it is really Tan. Body code AU which was an option in 76-77. I don’t believe Ginger was available in ‘77.
4b2af219a5d454d22c1d354b2415d5fe.jpg

I thought it looked a little light for ginger. Still, that color combination looks great together!

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
The three '77s look like real nice rigs. I'm disappointed that I don't think I'll have enough time to attend this year to check them out.
For those interested, there will be at least one other option coming this weekend to get a better look and insight on the rigs. Stay tuned for further details!
We are heading up Saturday this year instead of Friday. I heard they only have about 700-800 cars this year instead of 1200-1300 like normal. All the cars outside are socially distanced haha. A lot less vendors inside too.

Another option coming? Interesting.

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The black 66 with the coyote motor looks like the same bronco from Motor Trend's Bronco series out of Tulsa, OK. I thought it was built for a family that was looking forward to spend some quality family time with it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The black 66 with the coyote motor looks like the same bronco from Motor Trend's Bronco series out of Tulsa, OK. I thought it was built for a family that was looking forward to spend some quality family time with it.

Good eye - it is that truck. It was owned by a family in NE AZ who must've decided that now is a good time to sell and try to get top $$ for it. Everyone's flipping and trying to make a buck!

I was saddened to see it listed a few nights ago myself.

Todd Z.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You cant blame them. There is no real reason these are commanding such high prices. We all love them but nobody can justify a 200k 1968 SUV so this market will settle eventually as they all do. When a Nicely done Bronco brings more than a rare original Boss 429 Mustang you have think bubble.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You cant blame them. There is no real reason these are commanding such high prices. We all love them but nobody can justify a 200k 1968 SUV so this market will settle eventually as they all do. When a Nicely done Bronco brings more than a rare original Boss 429 Mustang you have think bubble.

Boss 429s are now getting $240K so your theory doesn't really work. I can tell you building my own Bronco to the specs some of these Broncos are at I'm into it for between $80-90K in purchasing the Bronco and parts/paint. The vast majority of labor is done by me. Figure about 1000 hours at an average of $50/hr and you're tacking on another $50,000.

https://www.classic.com/m/ford/mustang/1st-gen/boss-429/

That, and while you see a concentration of high end Broncos at BJ, in reality there's really not that many in a country of 320 million people. One of our customers is a Ford dealer. The owner bought 2 at @$200,000. Say there's 250 high end Broncos. That's 5 per state average. I know one guy who bought 2 in my state. The real issue is people trying to sell $50,000 Broncos for $150,000. They're not getting their $150,000. If you track BringaTrailer and see which sell and which never hit their reserve, you get a better feel for what's really happening in the market. Is there a "bubble"? Maybe because of the new Bronco, but I've been here since 2011 and I've been hearing about a bubble since I joined.

Page down to see the graph:

https://bringatrailer.com/ford/bronco/

Meanwhile think about all the companies who are selling them. Gateway, Velocity, Nick's Trix. They're all busy. There were 230,000 Bronco's built 1966-1977. There were 560,000 mustangs built in 1966 alone. So there are less than half the number of all early Broncos as there are just 1966 Mustangs.

Last edited:

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Several broncos have gone higher than that and a grabber blue 429 sold over the weekend at 205. Either way its just my opinion.