• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 link, ORI's, narrowed D60w/only 2.5" lift, 5"+WB stretch, 2" floor lower, P/S....,

frdboy

Contributor
You could try and move the injector on the cold cylinder to a different cylinder and see if the issues follow the injector....then you would know for sure if it is an injector issue.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
So you are running batch timing with basically two coils correct? Just something I was wondering sure correct plug wires are on correct coils?

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
You could try and move the injector on the cold cylinder to a different cylinder and see if the issues follow the injector....then you would know for sure if it is an injector issue.
Great idea & I tried that a couple days ago. No difference.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
So you are running batch timing with basically two coils correct? Just something I was wondering sure correct plug wires are on correct coils?
True SEFI.

I basically run 4 coils. 2 coils in each coil pack. Wasted spark so each coil fires not only for it's plug but also at 180deg out.

I can't see how my wiring could be off and still allow it to idle well and be flashing at 15 btdc like it is set at currently.

#1 spark plug wire with my inductive timing light flashes exactly at 12 to 15°. And since that's the cold cylinder it makes it much easier to verify that it is firing when it's supposed to w/o having to put a degree tape on the HB like if #4 cyl was the cold cyl. Where on the HB would it be firing at- easy enough to figure for #4 just super easy for #1.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Keep firing ideas and questions because if I can't figure out the tune &/or whatever then the ecu goes to Holley and that's at least 6-8 weeks! :(

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Sure do. I deleted all tunes except these two "experimental tunes" yesterday due to the corrupted SD card. Trying to elminate anything at all that was causing the files not loading on the Holley ecu.

I'll get it coming and try to attach one of the other tunes that he sent me but I didn't trash as it would still be attached to his email.

Big thanks for looking at it.

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
Tim- you need to read this carefully... I just saw this looking for some info tonight and we've been talking about this for years now... quit building and drive more!! :)

"

rocknhorse76

Contributor

Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻

JoinedJun 7, 2014Messages362Loc.Central WA

Brian, at some point you need to just leave shit alone and just drive the damn thing! (Says the guy who is almost as bad as you when it comes to not leaving shit alone and just driving the damn thing!)

1976 Explorer, 408W EFI (A9P/EDIS), 4R70W/Blackbox Titan/NP205, D60/14B, 5.13, ARB’s, 14”x2.0 Radflo c/o’s in front/ WH leafs with Bilstein 5165’s out back (for now), 37x13.50R17 Yokohama XMT’s on 17x9.5 Raceline Monster beadlocks
View attachment 924862 Haha Reply
Reactions:You "
Touché, my friend. Damn, I hate it when you’re right!

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Makes them all the sweeter, yes?

Just was reading a Transit van build and the OP used a term that is new to me, so in my enthusiasm for it I'll share. The 'fuck-up fairy', as in no project is complete without at least one visit from this fairy. I didn't realize who she was, but for most of my projects she throws a party and invites all of her friends and family.

BTW, my EE co-worker finally sent me the link to the injector that he's using on a couple of projects, including an MS driven system for the 300 in his '67 cab on an '89 frame F-350. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-fuel-injector-06h906031 He says it is an E85 compatible injector and has the flow needed for that fuel. Will likely take some digging because while it is an EV 14 injector, it is also an OEM part and I don't know what it's actual specs are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Well, FUF has called a BIG party! :)

I am going to buy an air flow meter (after I check my #1 intake valve for full travel) that I can adapt into the throttle bores of my edelbrock, four hole throttle body.

Either I have turbulence issues- not allowing air in on that number one cylinder at idle or possibly the throttle valves aren't opening evenly & maybe I'm getting more air on the driver's side than the passenger side, therefore, leaning the front right number one cylinder out until I actually open the throttle plates a bit more, allow more air in. ??? Who knows???

I tend to overthink everything, but what else could it be besides the valve not opening (which I'm doing in about 15 min).
Turbulence, limiting airflow or air is just not getting past the throttle plate are my 3 choices¿?¿?

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
One coil pack
4&7 blue wire
2&8 pink

Other coil pack
1&6 yellow wire
3&5 orange

All for 550-937 harness
& 554-112 Coil Driver Module

Attachments

• 20240509_112416.jpg
    20240509_112416.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
I've lost track, what intake are you using?
I have too! lol

Same as before, Super Vic

However, I am using an Edelbrock 4 hole Throttle body instead of the elbow with the large 3 1/2" throttle body like 89-93 stands and LS motors use.

frdboy

Contributor
I don't think you have an airflow issue, at least with the manifold and TB. I ran a similar set up with no issues.

Attachments

• 12661943_10153878148117445_1096377878840652300_n.jpg
    12661943_10153878148117445_1096377878840652300_n.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Something is not letting air in at 800 RPM, but at 1150 RPM. It's working perfect. Hence all my conspiracy theory's!! lol

I have a tune file ready to load to help even out the other cylinders a little-maybe.

Course not leaving the key on from 3pm yesterday till now would have let me get started a bit earlier!
1.7 volts won't crank the starter over
:(.

Last edited: