• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new bilstiens 5125 series on the rear

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
just finished driving my 10 mile test loop with a little of every thing. off road chatter board from 2in - 4in up to 1ft rollers not fast just cruzing ,some around town and a freeway blast with new rear shocks on my stock sprung no lift '67 with a full hard top ,started with the sears super duty shocks, made in USA (at least 30 + yrs old )the general grabbers on stock steel wheels at 35 psi .:eek: WOW :eek: what a difference,the off-road stuff felt like I was running the air pressure down to 20 psi (close to what I usually run)and no bottoming out or kicking ,cracks in the road and bumps in town are not there ,cornering is so much more stable as is braking ,no rear lift when braking .same with the freeway just a much nicer ride.it`s like why did I wait so long ? , now to save up for a set for the front. worth the $$$ spent . valving is 255/70 part #33185590

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Previous owner had them on all 4 corners of my '66 when I bought it. It drives great even at interstate speeds!

i8J8qcc.jpg

OP
OP
metal1

metal1

Loc.
hidesert ,socal
what a great looking bronco and the back drop sure looks like a nice day ,I see you have the resv, shocks on the rear I don't drive that hard or fast to warrant the extra oil capacity and cooling that they deliver ,again a great looking bronco you have there ,have fun and drive that thing ;D

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
bilstiens 5125

Recently put one in each corner, love the ride.

Attachments

• Bilstein 5125.jpg
    Bilstein 5125.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 39