• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finished trans tunnel cover!!

OsideDave

After a lot prying, cutting and bending I was able to make this trans tunnel cover for my StaK conversion. Using a sheet of 18 gauge steel and a steel 3 speed shifter cover I compilled this. Pleased w/ results, thanks for those who gave tips on prior post. I tack welded it together and had a local shop weld it for me.

Attachments

• IMG_5095.jpg
    IMG_5095.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_5101.jpg
    IMG_5101.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5097.jpg
    IMG_5097.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 363

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I'll be out tomorrow most of the day if I'm not too busy I'll drop off the welting for that bad boy in the early evening. Looks great in the rig though!

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
You left one too many shifters sticking out though...Nice looking tunnel cover!

behemoth

Bronco Guru
Nice, glad you were able to get it done, whats left to get that thing on the road ? or off road.

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

Nice, glad you were able to get it done, whats left to get that thing on the road ? or off road.

There's a bit left to it - wire up trans cool fan to relay and tstat, rad aux fan wiring, tune new carb, tweak kick down arm and install, throttle linkage tweeking due to higher rise intake, clean welds on tunnel cover and paint/ install, under floor supports are interferring w/ one of my seat holes - fix that, put seats in, drain water and install 50/50 coolant and prolly a few more things I am missing.

thanks for the compliments. Its fun to finally do something that turns out pretty good w/ out too much effort or repeat work.