• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your dashes...

BroncoMabry

In the spirit of Fat Tuesday - I thought I would word it this way. Unfortunately, I don't have any beads to give you.

Seriously though, I have a '72 I bought this past summer I am doing a restomod on. I am trying to figure out which way to go with my dash. My dash is in decent shape. It is an original EB dash pulled from a donor & given a 10 foot paint job like the rest of my truck by the PO. So far I've installed a Tuffy glove box to work with my family roll cage, but haven't done anything else to it yet.

I'm thinking I will send my gauge cluster off to be refurbished by Kevin at Classy Chassis to be restored and just keep it mostly original. But I have caught enough glimpses of some great looking modded dashes on here that it makes me want to get a blank slate and create from scratch. I have a friend that works at Sea Ray Boats that creates their dash panels. He cuts the panels robotically and could create a spectacular panel for me. But I would like to see what others have created so I can get a solid plan. Or to copy. Hey, plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery.

Thanks for your help.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Here is one I just finished.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 624

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is one I just finished.

That looks like one of those RARE heater delete dashes!!!!;D;D;D

It gives me one of those warm fuzzy feelings every time I see it!:eek::eek:

OP
OP
BroncoMabry

BroncoMabry

Is that wood or did you use a graining machine on metal to create that look? Nice!

OP
OP
BroncoMabry

BroncoMabry

hu7a4y6e.jpg

I like this integrated gauge cluster & steering column bezel from Rocky Roads.

I have only seen tach's on the steering column. Has anyone got one in the dash that is a good match for factory styles gauge cluster. I'm also wanting to add a vintage air system in the future and would like to put my vents in the dash. Wondering if I will have room for all of it?

I currently have 3 on the tree but am going to an NP 435. I know it wouldn't work with an air system typically but will probably use a Gearbanger & twin stick set-up.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Damn, Bax, that looks better than the woodwork in my house!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I'm a woodworker myself and that's awesome bax, at least on my phone it looks real.
I won't post mine on this thread, not worthy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Bax appears to be an expert at polishing his wood, I've always heard that but now we have proof. Very nice work!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
here is one in the 68.

Attachments

• P1010002_2.JPG
    P1010002_2.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 474
OP
OP
BroncoMabry

BroncoMabry

I like that bax. Will you take a couple of shots of the 68 dash straight on showing the instruments?

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
There's another one I liked with the gauges upholstered into the top of the dash aimed at the driver, but I can't remember who's it was. There was a thread on how he did it

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Here are a few of mine...

Attachments

• dash full [800x600].jpg
    dash full [800x600].jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 348
  • dash001 [800x600].jpg
    dash001 [800x600].jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 410
  • dash speaker grill[800x600].jpg
    dash speaker grill[800x600].jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 334
  • dash tilted.jpg
    dash tilted.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 375

reynard101

Bronco Guru
hu7a4y6e.jpg

I like this integrated gauge cluster & steering column bezel from Rocky Roads.

I have only seen tach's on the steering column. Has anyone got one in the dash that is a good match for factory styles gauge cluster. I'm also wanting to add a vintage air system in the future and would like to put my vents in the dash. Wondering if I will have room for all of it?

I currently have 3 on the tree but am going to an NP 435. I know it wouldn't work with an air system typically but will probably use a Gearbanger & twin stick set-up.

Very cool.