• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

16" Steelie Rims

PConsidineJr

Buonasera Everyone,
I was just looking around and I was hoping you guys may know of a rim I could use. I want to run BFGoodrich 265/75R16 KM2 tires. I was trying to find a 16" Ford style steel rim that would work and Wheel Vintiques makes one but it has both 5 x 5 & 5 x 5.5 lug patterns. I was looking to not run hubcaps and don't want extra lug holes hanging out. Any of you guys know another rim that would fit the 265/75R16 tire?

I really like the work truck look, like this.

Thanks,
Patrick

jckkys

Bronco Guru
The 16X5 Ford truck rims were available on pickups, vans and Broncos through the early '70s. The old Jeep 16" wheels look close to the Ford wheels but have a larger center hole.

Vin218

Loc.
Manchester, NH
Post back if you find something, I just ordered all terrains in the same size and was looking for the same thing.

77BRONKOTN

Let me add to the Ford Van wheels I stated above.

The 2004-06 E-150 Wheels are 4.5 backspace, 16x7 standard 5x5.5 lug pattern. The hubcaps are held on by the slipping over the lug nuts. I run a 34 inch tire about 11 wide = 285/75-16

The weird thing is there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to which E-150 vans got the 5 lug wheel. A lot of the E-150s 04-06 have 8 lug axles. I thought 3/4 ton had 8 lug.

Below thread has a picture with them on my truck.

I have a 77 with the dreaded knuckles and the wheels fit with NO SPACERS and have wheel weights on inside. Id almost bet they'd fit under an uncut.

I paid $25 a wheel if I remember right.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222161

Last edited:

mickphatmac

16" steel wheels off a '94-2001 Dodge 1500
Center of the wheel milled 1/8" all the way around for a 1/4" of clearance
Add 1.25" spacers

Look in My Garage...