• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MN 1966 Roadster Fender Mirrors

Hokey

City: Morris
Price: $ 1234

I have a set of original roadster fender mirrors that I picked up on an early build Budd body Bronco. Can anyone give me an idea on value?

OP
OP
H

Hokey

Here's some pics of the mirrors -

Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 3.23.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 8.01.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 8.01.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 8.01.33 AM.png

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Are these stamped with FoMoCo or Ford anywhere on the back? If not, I'd question if they were aftermarket vs. originals. I know you said you took them off a Budd Bodied Bronco, but who knows what could have been swapped over the years. Was the Bronco an original U13?

OP
OP
H

Hokey

I can't find anything stamped on them. They came off a U14. There are no mirror holes in the doors, so I'd have believe they are the original mirrors to the truck. Someone mentioned that they may have been painted over covering the stamping or sticker.
Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 1.22.28 PM.png

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Are these stamped with FoMoCo or Ford anywhere on the back? If not, I'd question if they were aftermarket vs. originals. I know you said you took them off a Budd Bodied Bronco, but who knows what could have been swapped over the years. Was the Bronco an original U13?
They were on u14 and u15 also, I'm not seeing any FOMOCO on them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hokey

Was it a stamp or a sticker? If a stamp, I can brush them with steel wool to look for it.

House

Minutia Militia
$600 - $2,000 for the set depending on condition.

How can you throw a dollar amount on them like that before you even saw them?

Do you have both backing plates and all of the original hardware as well? That makes a difference too…

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

25 years in the Bronco hobby, well over $100,000 worth of parts sold out of my garage over the years, thousands of hours spent on this site, seeing roadster mirrors sell several times over the years. Pretty easy to come up with a range.

OP
OP
H

Hokey

Do you have both backing plates and all of the original hardware as well? That makes a difference too…
I have both of the backing plates, but there's not much left of them. You'd likely have to fabricate new ones for this set.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
25 years in the Bronco hobby, well over $100,000 worth of parts sold out of my garage over the years, thousands of hours spent on this site, seeing roadster mirrors sell several times over the years. Pretty easy to come up with a range.
I've met and dealt with Justin and would trust his judgement.

House

Minutia Militia
I've met and dealt with Justin and would trust his judgement.
I am not questioning his judgement, I am questioning how he can judge them without seeing them. They very well could have been complete junk and not worth $60, nonetheless $600, then we have a new user looking for $600+ for something nobody will buy… I have bought and sold both used and NOS versions of all three 66, 67, and 68 year roadster mirrors and still wouldn’t throw a number out like that. Maybe it just caught me at a bad time, I don’t know..? Just my perception I guess…

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I am not questioning his judgement, I am questioning how he can judge them without seeing them. They very well could have been complete junk and not worth $60, nonetheless $600, then we have a new user looking for $600+ for something nobody will buy… I have bought and sold both used and NOS versions of all three 66, 67, and 68 year roadster mirrors and still wouldn’t throw a number out like that. Maybe it just caught me at a bad time, I don’t know..? Just my perception I guess…

There are several pictures now up. How about giving your informed opinion on price. Let's see what you come up with compared to me now that you have photos to look at.

OP
OP
H

Hokey

I was able to find the FoMoCo stamp on the mirrors. They were covered in paint. As mentioned, the backing plates will likely have to be fabricated -

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 5.24.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 5.23.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 5.23.46 PM.png