• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1969 Frame-up project - 97% complete. Keeping it - off the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. The older I get, the less time that I have. I have too many hobbies and this Bronco is by far the most expensive one. Yet, even though it is the most expensive, it gives me the least amount of satisfaction compared to my other hobbies. The more I think about this, the more it makes sense for me to sell this thing. Strange to say that after all of this time, but I am a much different person now than when I started building this thing nearly 10 years ago. It is time to move on and focus my efforts on my family and the things that make me happy. So, I am putting this up for sale. So, here is the run-down:

Engine:

Ford 400 bored out to 406. Machine work done by Tim Meyer out of MN.
KB pistons machined by Tim. (9:1 CR)
Aussie 302 heads built by Tim.
Comp cams 265DEH cam.
Stock exhaust manifolds into home-built 2 into 1 exhaust.
Custom single plane intake manifold machined for MPFI.
Holley Commander Mult-port Fuel Injection system.
Mallory ignition and dizzy.

Transmission/Transfer Case/Drivetrain:

New Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch.
Rebuilt NP435
Wild Horses Gear Banger
Rebuilt Dana 20
Wild Horses Extreme Duty output shaft
New Wild Horses Extreme Duty front driveshaft.
New u-joints and rebuilt CV joint on rear driveshaft.

Front End:

Freshly rebuilt Dana 44 off of a '76 w/Disc brakes
New rotors.
New spindles.
Yukon Gears (4.56).
Yukon Axles.
Yukon Super Joints.
ARB air locker.
WARN premium hubs.
(with the exception of the housing an knuckle castings, everything
is new).

Rear End:

Heavy duty rear end housing from Currie.
Currie 31-spline performance axle package.
Explorer disc brake conversion.
Yukon gears (4.56)
Nodular diff. housing.
Daytona Pinion support.
1330 Pinion Flange.
Wild horses torque tamer.
ARB Air locker.
EVERYTHING is new in the rear end.

Suspension:

James Duff 3.5" lift coils and 11-pack leafs.
Bilstein 7100 series front shocks
Bilstein 5100 series rear shocks
All new bushings everywhere.

Steering:

Delphi canned ham-style PS pump
4X4X2 steering box w/frame reinforcement from BCB
TRE steering linkage from Complete Offroad
Collapsible steering shaft from BCB

Brakes:

As noted above, this thing has discs on all four corners.
Reman'd hydroboost unit from an Astro van
Reman'd master cylinder from a late 70s Vette.
All new brake lines.
Stainless steel flexible ends.

Fuel delivery:

New BCB 24 gallon tank
190 liter/hr internal fuel pump from Auto Perf. Engineering
BCB steel lines
Holley pressure regulator

Body:

New Floor pans
New door posts
New passenger striker post
New quarter panels
(basically, if there were rust issues, they were fixed.)
Wild Horses Deluxe Pro-Flow hood with hood shocks.

Interior:

The entire interior has been sprayed with Line-X, including over the bedrails.
Trailmaxx pro II front seats.
Fold and tumble Besttop rear seat.
Corbeau retractable harnesses in the front.
Corbeau detachable harnesses in the rear.
Family cage - based on Xtreme Custom Fab's "tall" kit.
Removable Grant steering wheel.
The hardtop has also been sprayed in and out with Line-X.
Shock conversion on liftgate.
Locking center console with stereo slot.
Sliding rear windows.
Upgraded chebby heater blower motor.
New firewall insulation from Wild Horses

Electrical:

New Centech wiring harness.
Euro-Halogen headlight conversion.
New Starter.
New Mallory Ignition.
New Mallory Dizzy.

Exterior:

Carquest implement enamel paint over POR-15/POR Tie-Coat base.
Custom front bumper with recessed winch mount.
Custom rear bumper with swing-away spare tire carrier and cooler rack.
Custom rock skis (also coated with Line-X)
New weatherstripping all the way around (except the wing windows).
New windshield and door glass.
New sliding rear windows.
New WH Gorilla Warflares.

Wheels and Tires:

New 35"X12.50" BFG KM2's on 15" on new 15"X8" Rock Crawler Steelies

Other:

New Smittybilt XRC8 winch.
New Viair constant-duty onboard air system.

That is a pretty decent summary, I think. I missed some parts, I am sure. I have a bunch of new parts on this truck. Now for the good and bad:

THE GOOD:

Look at the list above. This thing has good components and a ton of potential.

THE BAD:

1. The truck isn't quite "finished" (but really, they aren’t ever “finished”). I still have to tune the MPFI system from Holley and some other things.

2. I also haven't put in a stereo yet (speakers are in, though).

3. This is not a show truck. The body is not straight - there are dings and waves here and there (I am not a body guy). Also, the right passenger door just won't line up quite right. You really have to get on it to close it, and even then it doesn’t seal. I was planning on making some shims for the hangers to try and rectify this, but haven’t gotten to it yet.

4. I need to replace the steering column shaft. The shaft had some significant wear on it from where one of the old bearings had failed and never been replaced. Also, the steering wheel needs to be “centered” – I was going to do that when I replaced the steering column shaft.

5. There is a driveline vibration that I recently got to quiet down a bit. I switched the phasing of the driveshaft 180 and the vibration is less, and it shifted in RPM range where it happened. There is still a vibration, though. I am not sure if it is the driveshaft itself or if there is something else, but with the shift in RPM range with the phase change, I am thinking it is the driveshaft.

6. The seal beneath the windshield frame needs to be repositioned, or possibly even a thicker seal put in. It leaks as it sits now.

7. I have yet to test everything inside the truck. I bench tested both ARB's, but haven't set the pressure regulator in the truck to test them in the vehicle.

There you have it. I have over $28K into the truck. I know that I missed parts in the list above. There are a TON of new parts on this thing (even small stuff like body bolts, etc).

Here are the build threads:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73044

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173796

I am putting it up here on CB.com first because I would love for it to go to a true Bronco enthusiast. I will continue to work on it here and there if I can find the time. As things continue to get “fixed”, I will just expect it to go for a little more. I drive the truck from time to time. It has a little over 500 miles on it right now. I just did the 500 mile engine oil break in change. I also just finished changing the rear diff gear oil after the initial break-in period. Used AMSOIL synthetic in the rear.

If you are interested, I will include all of the documentation I have gathered over the years.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

Attachments

• 0022.JPG
    0022.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 519
  • wTop.jpg
    wTop.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 494
  • 0055.JPG
    0055.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Shheeettt man there is no way you could start to build that Bronco for that...someone is goin to get a great deal...

Good luck with it ...

OP
OP
Devin

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I have gotten a couple of inquiries about it.....and.....I just can't do it.

I am feeling pretty flaky lately with stuff happening in life. But, it was making me sick to my stomach thinking about selling it. It doesn't make "sense" to keep it, but the fact is that I don't have to sell this from a financial standpoint. I don't have the extra cash at the moment to spend on fixing the vibration issue, but I guess that means I will just have to walk away for a bit and wait a little longer. Heck, I have waited 10 years already - what is another 2 years?

So - off the market.

Thanks for the inquiries.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Glad to here that your gonna keep it.....I've had present Bronco for over thirty yrs and it's had to set at times before...sure will have to again in the future..

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Glad to see your keeping the bronco. I have watched the progress over time and know what kind of an investment you have in it. Hopefully you will get the vibration issue fixed soon and you can get out and enjoy it.;D

Henry

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't believe you only have $23K into it with that list.

OP
OP
Devin

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I can't believe you only have $23K into it with that list.

After thinking about your statement, I went and made the mistake of tallying receipts. You are right. I have over $28K in the truck. Wow.

Last edited:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have gotten a couple of inquiries about it.....and.....I just can't do it.

I am feeling pretty flaky lately with stuff happening in life. But, it was making me sick to my stomach thinking about selling it. It doesn't make "sense" to keep it, but the fact is that I don't have to sell this from a financial standpoint. I don't have the extra cash at the moment to spend on fixing the vibration issue, but I guess that means I will just have to walk away for a bit and wait a little longer. Heck, I have waited 10 years already - what is another 2 years?

So - off the market.

Thanks for the inquiries.

atta boy. I've been there too..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.