• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 Bronco Marti Report Questions

fosgate150

I have a 76 Sport Special Décor as well. I've been working on the core support and see no indication that it was ever painted black. I also have a white top, but don't know if that's original equipment. It seems like Ford was all over the place with these.

I haven't ordered the Marti Report yet but do have a Ford Research letter (no longer available). It doesn't mention top color, but does list the body color as "Tangerine". Tangerine is also listed in my Ford Service manuals, but others on this forum say that Tangerine was marketed as Cyan Red.

- Scott

If your color code is a 2 then it is Cayan Red. I see you have the white stripe and also it is a Sport model. You have the cousin to my Bronco!

The front of the core support was black on the Special Décor models and if you get a Marti report it will indicate if it came with a "white top" instead of the color match.

Scotty

The white top was a 'delete option' per Ford documentation for the Special Decor trucks. The body color top was standard.

If your color code is a 2 then it is Cayan Red. I see you have the white stripe and also it is a Sport model. You have the cousin to my Bronco!

The front of the core support was black on the Special Décor models and if you get a Marti report it will indicate if it came with a "white top" instead of the color match.

Thanks guys. I better order that report and figure out what this is or is supposed to be.

Fosgate, I looked at your garage; they are cousins! Your paint looks a little more-red than mine, but that could be a number of things from camera or monitor settings. I do have a white stripe. I don't think it's been re-sprayed (haven't noticed any layers) but I have found some damage from a front-passenger collision.

It's torn down on the driver's side from the core support to the striker post. Too many Colorado winters.

- Scott