• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2014 Oregon Unevent approaching - what last minute mods do you have left?

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
The 2014 Oregon Unevent in Florence, Oregon is approaching fast and was curious what everyone has left to do before August? I'm going to be cutting it close with ordering / installing an Atlas 2 4.3, new drive lines and new shocks. The wife's Bronco won't be ready to roll out this year either, got a lot of rust repair to finish!

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
were counting on your photo skills. I think my Bronco is good to go,just gettin the new to me trailer up to par. Got a new F150 to do the tuggin and a 30 ft trailer delivered to the site. But your right it'll be here before you know it. See you there!

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
were counting on your photo skills. I think my Bronco is good to go,just gettin the new to me trailer up to par. Got a new F150 to do the tuggin and a 30 ft trailer delivered to the site. But your right it'll be here before you know it. See you there!

What happened to the motor home Mike??:?
Well I fixed the A/C today. I know the beach is cool but there will be a lot of hot between here and there.;)

OP
OP
BroncKrawler

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
Is bay street the street in old town? We tried to rally everyone to come down last year and do a cruise but didn't get a huge turn out. I'd love to try that again and get more individual shots of Broncos as they cruise by.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Way to much but with a baby coming in three weeks there's no way its going to be done but we are going anyway just going to have to drive the Explorer. Had to make sure I booked a room at a near by hotel I don't think camping with a newborn is a good idea or I should say the wife doesn't. At least I should get some inspiration to finish mine.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
What happened to the motor home Mike??:?
Well I fixed the A/C today. I know the beach is cool but there will be a lot of hot between here and there.;)

The motorhome is 43 years old and I didn't want to flat tow the Bronco down there. I don't think it has the poop to pull the Bronco on the trailer. I want to focus my time on the event and not stress if it's going to make the trip trouble free. So we opted for a rental trailer. That hot between here and there is my concern. Every year I worry on the trip down then worry about the trip home.One eye on the road the other on the temp .
Did you get a site?

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Is bay street the street in old town? We tried to rally everyone to come down last year and do a cruise but didn't get a huge turn out. I'd love to try that again and get more individual shots of Broncos as they cruise by.
Count me in ,you had some nice shots last year.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Ya - your photos in old town turned out real well - we'll try to mention the cruise earlier in the week ; give everyone a better chance of hearing about it.
SHX

OP
OP
BroncKrawler

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
Wish the sun wasn't going down but if we can get everyone down there by 6 PM we will be fine. Definitely need to get the word out about doing the old town cruise!

Attachments

• 9533332747_9482aea7b3_h.jpg
    9533332747_9482aea7b3_h.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 9536085810_75f0f36753_h.jpg
    9536085810_75f0f36753_h.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 9536100310_b1e87ab0bc_h.jpg
    9536100310_b1e87ab0bc_h.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 48

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I think easier to keep as a group keeping off 101.
Agree - with the traffic and the stop lite and those darn pedestrians . :) The big "Port Parking Lot " at the East end of Bay Street might be a good place to group up . -- ???
The Cruise last year went over well with the local merchants on Bay Street. The women went down to Old Town the next day to - ah - shop - and had several comment about it.
SHX
OH - hopefully my only Bronco project is replacing my heater core - I've got a pretty long list but don't plan on getting that ambitious this summer :)

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
lets see, custom fiberglass half cab top, radio, supercharger with fast fuel injection, custom stainless exhaust from headers to tips, bigger polished stainless custom fuel cell, removable spare tire carrier above the fuel cell, spare tire... some 300m rcv axles, beefier yolk and bigger high angle chromoly driverline for front axle and...oh yeah a big can of whoop ass served up to a couple guys that think they can smoke me on the sand ;):cool:;D

Letsgocrawling

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson Az.
lets see, custom fiberglass half cab top, radio, supercharger with fast fuel injection, custom stainless exhaust from headers to tips, bigger polished stainless custom fuel cell, removable spare tire carrier above the fuel cell, spare tire... some 300m rcv axles, beefier yolk and bigger high angle chromoly driverline for front axle and...oh yeah a big can of whoop ass served up to a couple guys that think they can smoke me on the sand ;):cool:;D

Here we go i'm working on my efi issues, got a gucci fuel pump and a gucci fuel filter---pump makes metal:-[ fuel filter did not have a filter cartridge in it:-[ all brand new stuff mind you. Guess what--- FODed the injectors---foreign object debris, injectors way to small, the tune on the eec way off, and just the normal problems anyone can encounter, but with the help of cbs, and the knowledge of the EFI guy, I think the issues will be put to rest---i'll keep my fingers crossed. Monster Mike can tell you it didn't run worth a shit but it still 4 wheeled extremly well. I'm not skeered, if everything works out with the help especialy from Garry (the efi guy) I should be fine to show good power. Thanks Mike for calling us out, i'm struggling right now---but test and tune on the dunes might be calling somebodys names---may be you;D When you got the ci it makes it alot easier. I'm already for the unevent! Got new tires for the sd haul rig. Good to go.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The motorhome is 43 years old and I didn't want to flat tow the Bronco down there. I don't think it has the poop to pull the Bronco on the trailer. I want to focus my time on the event and not stress if it's going to make the trip trouble free. So we opted for a rental trailer. That hot between here and there is my concern. Every year I worry on the trip down then worry about the trip home.One eye on the road the other on the temp .
Did you get a site?

Too late I guess. No RV sites left.:-[

SHX669

Bronco Guru
Honeyman " hookup sites" have been booked for awhile. Visit Oregon Unevent 2014 website ; I believe there is a link or at least info about places to stay in the Florence area - State , federal and private campgrounds.
SHX