• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5/8 Flare Nut Wrench to Tighten Dipstick

NJBronk

Contributor
This may be one of those things that is common knowledge to most, but I never thought of it until I saw on a Facebook forum and felt I should share here.

I never thought of the dipstick tube nut as a flare nut (even though I guess it is) and that using a 5/8 flare nut wrench to tighten it is MUCH easier than using a normal open-end wrench which I could only turn a tiny bit at a time. The flare nut wrench fits so much better and I was able to get the nut much tighter.

Vincen

Tom’s had a pretty good instructional video about this very thing.

OP
OP
N

NJBronk

Contributor
I just searched, indeed there is:

Again, I'm sure others knew this, but it would have been very helpful to me when I was searching the forums to see it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m glad you posted it up. I’ve done it both ways, but never really thought of it often enough to put it in the hard memory drive.😉
Just my good luck that I haven’t had to tighten them very often.