• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

74 Bronco Ranger soon for sale, how much should I pay?

Mackattack

Loc.
Hanover, PA
Hey all, I just looked at a Bronco that maybe coming up for sale...

Details;
1974 Bronco Ranger
Dual tanks
Looks like was full top, which was replaced with a fiberglass halfcab
Automatic,
disks front, drums rear (condition unknown)
Needs replacment headers and exhuast.
Fenderwells cut, typical for 31" tires (I think that's what size are on it)
Tires; Maybe pass an inspection
Chrome steel wheels with little hub caps (ugly)
Orange, looks like original paint.
Windshield frame better than most, very workable.
Front door pillars, very NICE
Rear door pillars, not too bad, workable.
Patch on passenger side floor, otherwise floors look very good.
Hood, very good
Tail gate, perfect
Rockers, very good.
Does NOT apear to have ever been wrecked
Runs, running rich, one muffler blowd-up probably due to backfire
Interior, eh, not bad for age, but eh.

All in all, looks like a great "core" and does NOT have many of the normal worst Bronco rust issues
(but down the side of the quarters has the normal rust, door corners rusty but repairable, minor here and there stuff).
For a few bucks it could be a daily driver, just not pretty inside or out.
It would make for one of the best starting project Broncos I've seen in years. It's really that good, but still just a starter for restoration (meaning all rubber, gaskets, etc.).
For a good (not concors) redue would cost in the 10k range. Or, better pull body, make minor repairs, blast-paint, etc = 15+k.
Either way, it's a better "start-minimal-mod" than I've seen for a long time.

I'm sorta' interested in this for a project. What sort of price should I be considering? 2k, 4k, 6k, 8k, ????

Jim

Hesh

In January I purchased a '74 that sounds like it is in comparable condition, except that it is a full cab I got a soft top and mine may have a little less rust. I got mine for 4k and in my area (southern Idaho) I think that was a really good price for a Bronco in this condition.