• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

75 Bronco Crank No Spark...or key...

75 Bronco Ranger

Hello all. Looking for some help w/ my 75. Turns over but no spark. Through a couple moves the keys have been lost so looking to bypass key switch. Dist switched out to MSD. Ran started fine a few years ago. Lol. Heres where I am at...
Jumper wire to coil. (Coil primary reads 1.8, secondary reads 6.6). Cranks no spark at plug. Cleaned ground to dist and still nothing.

I think the ignition Module was going bad last time I drove it. Would that cause a no spark now?

Any input appreciated.

OP
OP

75 Bronco Ranger

Hello all. Looking for some help w/ my 75. Turns over but no spark. Through a couple moves the keys have been lost so looking to bypass key switch. Dist switched out to MSD. Ran started fine a few years ago. Lol. Heres where I am at...
Jumper wire to coil. (Coil primary reads 1.8, secondary reads 6.6). Cranks no spark at plug. Cleaned ground to dist and still nothing.

I think the ignition Module was going bad last time I drove it. Would that cause a no spark now?

Any input appreciated.
Changed IM and still nothing.

OP
OP

75 Bronco Ranger

So I have an update. Thinking neutral safety switch wasn't entirely engaged. Adjusted shifter and get spark when I touch and release jumper wire to + post. Still don't have spark when I crank it over.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s possible you have a loose or crusty wire.
It can’t be the neutral safety switch in any way, because the neutral safety switch is only in the starter circuit. Has nothing to do with the ignition coil giving you a spark.
So hopefully it’s fixed, but be ready because it might be temporary.

Anytime your starter cranks, your ignition switch to starter relay circuit is working. That includes the neutral safety switch.