• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 302-2V Timing Setting?

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
All my manuals refer to a under the hood label for the timing set point. Like that label hasn't been missing for 15 year! <br><br>Know any web links for this info? <br><br>Or maybe your 76 is so fine that the label is still there.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
It has been my experence that its better to time by ear and a vacumm gage. Turn the distributor till you get the highest reading. Readjust your idle and double check.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Jeepster is right and if it pings back off alittle. If you want to time it by light 6 degrees before top dead center with the vacuum lines removed from the distrubuter and plugged. Make sure your Idle is set to 700 rpm in neutral first.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
you might find that similar engines will need slightly different timing but should be in the ballpark. This is due to wear/age or whatever change a engine might have gone through in its life. The method I suggest will help you find that sweet spot quicker. ;)