• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 full width Dana 44 brake hose bracket

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
Where are y'all securing your brake hose bracket? On the axle or the radius arm?

My EB 76 Dana 44 had threaded holes on the axle tube to hold the bracket. This 77 F150 Dana 44 does not. Should I just weld the bracket to the tube?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
What set up is stock on the f-150? See if you can find a pic of where it goes. I would be more for drill and tapping a hole over tacking the bracket with the welder. That way if it gets damaged its easier to replace.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The factory '77 F150 caliper hoses run directly from the caliper to the tee-fitting on top of the HP D44 differential housing on the driver's side, and then the passenger side basically does the same thing with a 1-piece rubber hose/hard line assembly to traverse the distance. The bracket mounts to the tapped hole just behind the vent on top of the diff and the bracket lays off to the driver's side.

That said, I would place the brackets wherever works best for the routing of the caliper hoses you're using and then run hard lines from wherever that ends up to the tee-fitting on the center drop hose.

Qumanchew

Contributor
Loc.
Kutztown PA
Where are y'all securing your brake hose bracket? On the axle or the radius arm?

My EB 76 Dana 44 had threaded holes on the axle tube to hold the bracket. This 77 F150 Dana 44 does not. Should I just weld the bracket to the tube?

I'm in the same boat. When I bought my axle it was already out of the truck and missing the brackets.

BanditBronco

Drivers side of the pumpkin, there is a threaded hole on top. This is for your vent. I just did mine the same as the early bronco housing. Use a hollow vent bolt to hold down the brake line dist. block. I recommend spacing it up with some type of spacer so it is easier the get the passenger side hard line on. Summit and your local parts stores should carry vent bolts.

OP
OP
idus25

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
Drivers side of the pumpkin, there is a threaded hole on top. This is for your vent. I just did mine the same as the early bronco housing. Use a hollow vent bolt to hold down the brake line dist. block. I recommend spacing it up with some type of spacer so it is easier the get the passenger side hard line on. Summit and your local parts stores should carry vent bolts.

Should have been more clear in my OP...I am asking about where the caliper hose bracket can be mounted? Did the 77 F-150 mount to the axle or the radius arm. I have the pumpkin bracket.

I have JD Radius Arms (no location to mount) and don't see threaded holes on the axle tube like my 76 EB Dana 44 had.

Thanks

BanditBronco

Should have been more clear in my OP...I am asking about where the caliper hose bracket can be mounted? Did the 77 F-150 mount to the axle or the radius arm. I have the pumpkin bracket.

I have JD Radius Arms (no location to mount) and don't see threaded holes on the axle tube like my 76 EB Dana 44 had.

Thanks

Whoops, saw that, my bad. I am pretty sure that stock full width brake lines don't have brackets. pretty sure mine run from the caliper straight over the radius arm and then into the Tee on the drivers side. Passenger side goes from the caliper to the fold over line clamps on the axle tube then up over the pumpkin to the Tee. I will confirm when I get home today if we don't get an answer by then.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Whoops, saw that, my bad. I am pretty sure that stock full width brake lines don't have brackets. pretty sure mine run from the caliper straight over the radius arm and then into the Tee on the drivers side. Passenger side goes from the caliper to the fold over line clamps on the axle tube then up over the pumpkin to the Tee. I will confirm when I get home today if we don't get an answer by then.

X2...this is correct, and matches post #3.