• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anti-sway bars… is Hellwig the only one?

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok I’m just curious if there is any other options then Hellwig? They are great but they come with a steep price tag. I’m not really needing the quick disconnect version, so it doesn’t make sense to spend all the extra money for it.

Thanks Jeff

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There is also stock (76-77)

But the real question is do you just want one to have one, or do you want the better one?

OP
OP
Gas Pig

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There is also stock (76-77)

But the real question is do you just want one to have one, or do you want the better one?
That is a great point! Is the performance question? Stock vs Addco vs Hellwig or others I don’t know about?

Is Hellwig that much superior then the other options or just paying for the name so to speak?

What makes a good sway bar from a worthless sway bar? I’m not looking to put something on that really doesn’t do anything but having some type of sway bar I would guess is better then no sway bar???

Thanks Jeff

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have the Hellwig on the front w/o quick disconnect. Made my own links to utilize the existing dual shock mount on the front of the C-cap.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got Hellwig w quick disconnect, and I've driven my '66 down the interstate at over 80mph and it felt safe/stable. I'm not saying it's a smart thing to do but I believe the Hellwig is a big part of the good ride.