• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anti-Sway Bars

NeilE

Loc.
Tahoe City
I'm dealing with certain on-road handling issues which have been discussed here in this forum, such as body roll. One of the repeated solutions has been a anti-sway bar.

Does anybody have a source for a ready to install anti-sway bar?

la77

Loc.
Alexandria LA
I see them on ebay a couple of times a month until you want one then hard to find. makes a big difference in on road driving but does away with your articulation. just took mine off for new front gear install and drove home today. didn't realize how much it helps. however I just replaced my body mounts with new urethane ones and now it drives (without sway bar) like it did with sway bar and old worn out body mounts. if you haven't changed yours yet it is an easy upgrade and improvement. it only took about 2 hours to do with a sawsall (recipricating saw) and soaking the bolts for a couple of days with wd 40.
sorry i rambled on it is hard to think straight with the voices in my head

ORVP

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Yes but your assuered to be able to get parts.

Of course they are. The kit is really not that bad. 400 something like that.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Currie Ant Rock sway bars are designed for off road and flex - unlike stock ones. After having put a few of them on and seeing them on the trail, I have one going on the Bronco

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
Waverous said:
Currie Ant Rock sway bars are designed for off road and flex - unlike stock ones. After having put a few of them on and seeing them on the trail, I have one going on the Bronco

Yep they work great on jeeps, just need to figger out how to get them on mine.

Cary

watfab

Loc.
Silt Colorado
http://classicbroncos.com/sway_bar.shtml

When I was looking at the Curries, they wouldn't work because the bronco frame is wider than the jeep frame so I went with these, Cheeper and they were wide enough to fit really nicely with the frame.

Hey, no one said "search newbie" ;D (sorry couldn't help it)

Wade

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
When you order the universal fit Anti Rock, Currie asks for measurements. I have one that fits the Bronco frame width in the rear - just don't really have the room with a pan hard and an air tank, so I probably won't use it now

OP
OP
N

NeilE

Loc.
Tahoe City
Plan of action

Well all of this information adds to my plan of attack. First; realign the front end and make sure everything is tighten down, second; new bushings for the tie-rods and body mounts, third; replace my rear end (small bearing with bent axles), fourth; beef up the suspension (3.5" Duff or ah any sugestions?) and if we still have that boat feel on highway eighty, fifth; a custom adapted sway-bar.

watfab

Loc.
Silt Colorado
DonsBolt said:
This ain't Pirate, we are helpfull to the newbies

By the way thanks for the link, that might just be a good choice, as I am looking to do a front anti roll bar
That is why I put the ;D in there. ;) I gave up on pirate about a year ago and started spending my web wheeling time here and the other bronco sites. I like newbies, heck I still feel like one most of the time ;D

Now that I have some time on mine I actualy run with the fronts disconected most of the time and other than the little bit of body roll when we go around corners (me and the kido like this but from the look on her face we can tell mom don't care for it much :eek: ;D ) It rides pretty darn nice. Keep in mind that this is just running around town 10-40 mphs tops. If I was going to do running around over 40 mph, then I would run the front and rear sway bars connected all the time.