• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AOD swap linkage question

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I am looking for tips/tricks on the AOD swap from those of you who have retained the factory bell crank throttle linkage, how did you go about adding the TV cable? I have the Lokar kits but am wanting to retain the bell crank assembly if at all possible. I have the later assembly that does not have the engine mounted equalizer, it is a straight run from the bell crank to the throttle on the carb or in my case TBI EFI. I have not assembled it yet, just looking for anything else I need to obtain prior to hooking everything up as well as some pictures of what others have done.
Thanks for all the help!

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I did this in '93 or so in a '67 Ranchero with a 302 in it. It had a C4 that bit the dust, so it had the kick-down lever on the throttle linkage. What I did was measure the total throw on the trans and the total throw on the throttle linkage to figure out how long the lever on the trans needed to be. Can do this with a geometric layout on the garage floor or use a little trig. I had to cut and try 2, maybe 3 times before I got the trans lever length within the adjustment range. I also replaced the C4's kick-down cable with an op-rod that used QD ball joints (mine came off a Jag V-12's throttle linkage but can buy them from McMaster.com)

6058kp4l.png