• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best options for leveling

powers4680

My Bronco has a little bit of a squat. Checking on best options to level it.
5fe89771f5ae34dbab476eadf3f31961.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
if you don't mind lifting the rear you could add a block. looks pretty level to me tho

68Rcodeman

Contributor
From the looks you are pretty close and a block would be to much. Maybe an extra leaf would pick it up enough and then it would add to your rear weight carrying ability. Simple to do. You will need a bottom leaf and a new center pin bolt that goes through all the leaf's and the round head locates in the perch. Hope this helps. Nice looking rig.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
After adding the lift, have you checked your rear drive shaft pinion angle. If the angle could use some improvement. You could use some pinion angle correction shims. The shims would also add a little more lift and help the drive line.

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
After adding the lift, have you checked your rear drive shaft pinion angle. If the angle could use some improvement. You could use some pinion angle correction shims. The shims would also add a little more lift and help the drive line.
Everything that @gnsteam said...except if you need pinion correction, (and they all do...) then go ahead and burn off the old axle perches, and install the newer, taller ones. Weld them in place at the correct pinion angle. The extra long ones from Wild horses work well too.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
How many miles on springs?
If new, give them a couple hundred miles to settle before deciding on how much more lift you want. The front may settle more than the back.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Interesting. It's usually the opposite of your issue. Are front/rear from the same vendor?